Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 12:12 PM

5 posts, read 18,467 times

Advertisements

I've been looking into this company to move from Dallas, TX to Portland, OR and was curious if anyone has any thoughts about them. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 01:49 PM

506 posts, read 650,870 times
Yes and, although very nice, they damaged about 3 pieces of antique furniture. The legs had to be glued back together again. I was in tears; they were my MIL's things. They readily accepted not getting paid a dime. Never again.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:18 AM

5 posts, read 18,467 times
thanks for the info...their quote was ridiculous. 10-12k. no thanks

Old 07-10-2017, 08:59 AM

723 posts, read 1,004,177 times
I think they are local operations primarily. I have used them for two moves and they were great. Both moves were less than 70 miles. I think Mayflower is a great long distance moving company, been around forever.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:38 AM

6,814 posts, read 11,531,564 times
I don't think Two Men is an interstate operation, just local. We have used them several times with my MILs moves. Very pleased with them. The experience anyone has with movers is directly related to the crew you get.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:57 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailCT View Post
I think they are local operations primarily. I have used them for two moves and they were great. Both moves were less than 70 miles. I think Mayflower is a great long distance moving company, been around forever.

I used Mayflower and was told they are now owned by United Van Lines. Shucks.

Old 07-16-2017, 07:16 PM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,651,590 times
We used Two Men and a Truck for our move from Florida to Tennessee. They finished the packing that we hadn't done on a Wednesday, loaded the truck on Friday and Tuesday morning unloaded it here in Tennessee. Just as we had scheduled it with them. Nothing missing or broken; not even a ding. The same two guys who loaded the truck drove it up and unloaded it. Put everything exactly where we wanted it; no complaints about lugging a lot of heavy boxes upstairs to my wife's craft room. Pleasant experience from start to finish.

We wanted a trouble free move and got it. They were expensive, but for us the outcome was worth the price. Especially when I read some of the horror stories about what people have gone through with the movers they hired.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:17 PM

39 posts, read 34,540 times
I had a good experience with 2 men and a truck. Moved me about 2 hours away, and the price was reasonable. The only caveat is that when they moved my couch in, my ceiling fan got damaged. One of the fan blades broke off.

They seem to be responsive to the issue, but I've still got to keep on top of it with contacting them, in case that enthusiasm fades and they try to not respond any more. They did ask me for the model of the fan, and said that they're looking for a way to get a blade.
By the way, the fan is pretty low, and they had to stand the couch up to get it in, so it wasn't an egregious neglect of effort. I just think that professional movers should walk in and survey the space and all protruding items, to be able to anticipate the possibilities with collision with things.

Old 04-20-2022, 05:16 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,665,261 times
The issue with TM&AT is that you have to pay for their time both ways. I used them for a 2.5-hour move and it was not that bad. However, unlike other firms, they don’t come in and do estimates to give you an idea of how long it should take based on what they see in the house. I had one other move take way longer than necessary because they didn’t want to “waste time” doing stuff like taking items apart to get them through the door/stair area. Of course, that ended up taking way longer than taking stuff apart would. I am pretty sure they spent like 1-2 hours trying to get a couch through the door only to find that they needed to keep the cushions separate from the frame. Really?

Old 04-21-2022, 11:04 AM

11,070 posts, read 7,135,481 times
If you chose a company that is mostly local, for long distance, you'll run into risks and a learning curve.

Chose only those who do long distance on a regular basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues