Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 07:54 AM

17,340 posts, read 11,268,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I can't answer your question about Cross Country but I am going with International Van Lines. The Rep told me my box stored in the truck would go to my new place without ever being removed or stored off the truck. Of course, this assumes the truck doesn't break down. Rare, but a possibility.

Basically, my stuff will go in a box that takes up 1/4 of a semi trailer. Whether I am lost off or not depends on who is going further than me. So if somebody is going further, I could be the 2nd or 3rd off, but who knows when that will be if the first person move is closer than me but is well off my route. He still goes first, but it does not mean he is directly in my line of route, so days are needed to go off my route and get back in

All of this is my long-winded way of saying, I was also told that my goods packed in the IVL truck won't be removed until reaching my new place.
Thanks for the information. I made a call to International Van Lines and will be getting quote. I really like what I see about them so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2021, 11:55 PM

11,440 posts, read 5,973,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Thanks for the information. I made a call to International Van Lines and will be getting quote. I really like what I see about them so far.
You are welcome. Hopefully, where you are they will also use their own movers and not a local affiliate.

Old 05-30-2021, 07:59 AM

6 posts, read 2,271 times
Three Men and a Truck is a good state to state moving company that I've used in the past. Personally, I try to stick to the major names if I'm moving long distance - becomes kind of a crap shoot what you'll get past that in my opinion. Local moves are different because you're likely dealing with a company in your area that you're familiar with, but like an established name when it's long distance or state to state. You can always call around and get an estimate though - they all do that for free so it's easy to compare prices.

Old 05-30-2021, 09:22 AM

473 posts, read 404,823 times
Consider a do-it-yourself approach. One way is to use a company like Upack or PODS, then hire the moving labor yourself at both ends. I am looking at Moving Staffers for that, but there are others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues