Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 07:23 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,687,545 times

Advertisements

Due to some health issues(husbands) and my husbands recent approval to telecommute...we are packing up and going back home. We'll be staying with friends for a couple months until our tenants move out...
So, when we drove here to Chicago we did it in 3.5 days...going home we're taking at least a week...gonna just drive...and stop and see the stuff we drove by on the way out!
We're out of here Oct 1! We must be NUTS!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 07:36 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,894,986 times
Enjoy the road trip> Jealous you will be back to a sunny place with the pacific coast at your back door.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:09 PM

I don't know about that. It was a beautiful 75 degrees here today...unlike the 100+ throughout CA. I will definitely miss the seasons here...and the snow. However, not the taxes...on everything!!! Going home in Oct should be nice...we came OUT here in Dec...that was my initiation to driving in the snow!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:42 AM

138 posts, read 510,750 times
Girlfriend I am so there. You can see my many other posts but we drove to NY from Sacramento last year for my husbands job.We are moving back in a few weeks. We had our house rented for a year and that would have ended in December but every month the tenant was late with the rent so we mutually agreed to let her terminate early. That is the only reason we are able to get back into our house.My kids are really happy to move back and so am I. This time we are flying back. We are shipping the cars and taking the pets on the plane with us. (Although the rabbit will not be allowed to fly home on the airline we are booked on so we have to make a special trip to the La Guardia to ship back the bunny seperately and have a freind pick it up.)
Good Luck.
What part of CA are you going back to? I hope all the best in your drive home...

Old 09-02-2009, 07:09 PM

So Cal...Inland Empire. My tenants bought a house while renting from us and they have renters in their house...I really want them to stay in until after Jan so we can get a bit of a $ cushion and also for me to get a job. I am really looking forward to the road trip back...Are you going to miss anything about NY?

Old 09-03-2009, 07:50 AM

I think the greenery is what i will miss.At home it is so brown during the summer.And the wild animals in our yard. We live on three acres and we have bunnies,deer,fox and woodchucks.I also got to see my very first firefly and cardinal.But I will not miss this weather, I am spoiled by sunshine.
Good luck with your drive in January.We would have had to pack and move in December if the tenant would of stayed until her lease was up. It really is more convenient to pack a houshold and three kids not in the snow.
I am looking forward to a drive to So cal when we get back . I have a brother who lives there and I think in the spring I'll go visit.PM me if you wish.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:22 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,408 times
We have lived a few places...now back home in SoCal...there is no place like 'home'..

Old 09-06-2009, 11:24 PM

LOLing about the firefly and cardinal...SAME here! And Cardinals are more orange than red! Oh no, we're out of here Oct 1st. My husband will be staying with friends and I will be at my moms...It will be like dating...we'll see each other n the weekends!
Yeah, I love how green it is here...I will also miss the little neighborhood grocery stores...

Old 09-07-2009, 10:13 AM

Glad you are getting out before the snow hits. THAT would be rough.Are you still driving together to get to So CAl? My kids are getting really excited to go home and see thier friends. I am on the other hand getting nervous about the whole moving thing again. Packing packing and more packing ....UGH:

Old 09-07-2009, 02:22 PM

He's driving the moving truck...I will be driving my SUV...I will have both the Labs he will have the wee little dogs. We don't have that much unpacked due to the size of this place we moved into. So it's just as well. Most everything is in boxes in the basement! When we moved here we drove into town Dec 4th....the day of the first snow....WTF some so cal native know about driving in the snow in Chicago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues