Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2007, 06:12 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,437,699 times

Advertisements

ksl.com - Boy Killed by Bear in American Fork Canyon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 06:29 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,406,195 times
Remind me to bring my gun the next time I camp in the wild

Old 06-18-2007, 06:40 PM

that's a risk you take camping anywhere. Always plenty of creatures that could potentially kill you or cause much pain and suffering. i technically fear snakes just as much as bears. water mocassins, land snakes, black widow spiders, brown racloose spideers, mountain lions, bears, etc. i camped out in the Ozarks once and came face-to-face with a venomous copperhead I've never been that scared in my life, I almost passed out from fear(i'll never forgot that hiss, that tongue, those eyes or that pattern on its skin)...it tried to lunge at me but caught my backpack, which I threw off me and onto it in attempt to crush it, then I immediately got the hell out of there to call for backup to get my backpack back ROFL!!!! Every time I camp out now I always bring a gun in case an unwelcomed creature decides to pay an unexpected visit. I guess with a bear it's worse because you can't get away from them...they can run up to 35 mph. If you are face to face with a bear, you'd better hope to either have a weapon on you or hope that the bear isn't having a bad day

Old 06-18-2007, 06:46 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,095,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
Remind me to bring my gun the next time I camp in the wild
I don't camp without one. haha

Old 06-18-2007, 07:35 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,098,381 times
I am so sorry for the family. They are in my prayers.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:56 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,210,397 times
There are talking heads on the news that are saying the bear was looking for snacks and got scared and took the boy in a panic. Too fast, and a gun wouldn't work unless you were keeping watch with night goggles. Bears love food. We're food to them sometimes. I always have a dream where my automatic machine gun jams.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
There are talking heads on the news that are saying the bear was looking for snacks and got scared and took the boy in a panic. Too fast, and a gun wouldn't work unless you were keeping watch with night goggles. Bears love food. We're food to them sometimes. I always have a dream where my automatic machine gun jams.
lol....you must be in the military or must be part of law enforcement, otherwise you do know that possession of an automatic machine gun is illegal right?

Old 06-21-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
Bears will eat just about anything man. They're omnivores just like us. You name it, they'll eat it. If they're hungry, they're more than willing to snack on a human.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:23 AM

Quote:
lol....you must be in the military or must be part of law enforcement, otherwise you do know that possession of an automatic machine gun is illegal right?
Not in the military or law enforcement. I just figure I can stop one of those things with a machine gun as opposed to a single shot ( in my dreams, of course!)

Old 06-22-2007, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Not in the military or law enforcement. I just figure I can stop one of those things with a machine gun as opposed to a single shot ( in my dreams, of course!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.