Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:40 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,008,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post

That's fantastic. I had hoped you would not have to leave that sweet little granddaughter.

Yes, the weather here will be much better for you, no doubt about that. You'll get your share of thunderstorms and the fantastic lightning shows.

Have you for sure decided on Tyler as I think I remember you were looking into other states as well?
I'm pretty sure Tyler is where we will end up! We loved it there! My hubby actually wants to go where there are four seasons and SNOW. But like I told him, when the last kid is gone in 12 years, it will be up to HIM to shovel the walks and such. I think he changed his mind
I'm just trying to keep an open mind to see if there is anything else out there comparable to what we're looking for. I haven't even moved there yet, but Texas just seems like home already! Maybe it's just because I am wanting out of here so bad .
My daughter has been chomping the bit to move to Texas. So I KNOW I will be close to my little granddaughter . I don't know if I could leave otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 10:50 PM

147 posts, read 690,475 times
naah
im not really into that kind of lifestyle

Old 07-12-2007, 07:56 AM

2,639 posts, read 3,224,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyt937 View Post
naah
im not really into that kind of lifestyle
To what kind of a lifestyle are you referring? Sorry, I don't understand your post.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:36 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,769,030 times
Quote:
No, I wasn't talking about the heat index. I just remember many times over the years driving to work at 7:15 in the morning and seeing the temperature on a marquee saying 80+ degrees.
That makes more sense. You weren't talking about the overnight LOW, you were referring to the specific time of day when you were commuting to work. Yes, our low temperatures in the mid-70s only last for an hour or two between about 5 and 7 AM. And it's usually dead calm at that time, with humidity close to 100%, so it's not like the pleasant mid-70s we get in winter.
Quote:
In my estimation, the heat is bearable only because most of the population has A/C.
This is SO true! And it's worrisome in the long run because most of the population growth in the USA is occurring in places that rely on AC. This means that demand for electricity will continue to rise, and we're highly vulnerable to blackouts. Look at what people went through after Katrina, some of the worst suffering occurred because of the extreme heat and humidity with no way to cool off. People weren't acclimated to that and they suffered horribly from heat exhaustion.

Air conditioning is THE reason why the southern states are experiencing a population boom. Few people can tolerate a normal summer day here without that relief, especially in cities where heat islands exaggerate the heat by as much as 10 degrees.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:00 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,574,232 times
Quote:

I know they are now but in the past and a typical summer, they are not. This is the coolest summer I can remember in a long time. I didn't say either that the temps can be 100 at night, I said in the 90s at night and the 80s in the morning.
Where?????

Old 07-12-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I just checked the Weather Channel and in Houston at this very minute it is 88 but the heat index is 103 dew point 79, humidity 74
Ehh, boo hoo. Suck it up, lol.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
Where?????
I told you before I live in Central Texas 65 miles south of Fort Worth.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
I told you before I live in Central Texas 65 miles south of Fort Worth.
Hm, well if you say so, but like I said, I've never experienced such heat at night.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
That's rude! She is dealing with it. I refuse to use your word as it's one my mom always told me showed a lack of intelligence. It's just one of those words that make me cringe, but I'm dealing with it as much as I read it on these forums.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:40 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Oh good grief, you need to get over the fact that I HATE Houston. And KeeGee is right, that was rude and not necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.