Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 02:20 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,112,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
The San Antonio mayor can hardly tie his shoes, I don't see him making any successful run at Governor. Besides, he has just begun his political career, he is not even all that well known in the Areas around SA, so I don't see him running for Governor anytime soon.

Your anti San Antonio has become asinine!

He graduated from Stanford majoring in political science and then Harvard school of law. IMO he is one of the most progressive mayor's in San Antonio's history, besides Cisneros and Hardberger. I feel he will move the city in the right direction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Castro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 04:18 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
Your anti San Antonio has become asinine!

He graduated from Stanford majoring in political science and then Harvard school of law. IMO he is one of the most progressive mayor's in San Antonio's history, besides Cisneros and Hardberger. I feel he will move the city in the right direction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Castro

thousands of people graduate from Standford every year without becoming well known, rich, famous, or Governor of Texas.

Your point again?

Old 08-28-2010, 05:41 PM

That is not my point! All leaders have their start somewhere. He happened to graduate from a ivy league school. Although he is a young mayor, the comment you made makes it seem he is incapable of reaching that level of government. He has already made some national buzz as an example of the future of latino's in politics.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
That is not my point! All leaders have their start somewhere. He happened to graduate from a ivy league school. Although he is a young mayor, the comment you made makes it seem he is incapable of reaching that level of government. He has already made some national buzz as an example of the future of latino's in politics.

I didn't mean to make him sound like he doesn't have a future (he may learn to tie his shoes one day). I wa stalking in the here and now. And Renaud listed him as a shot for Texas Governor and in my opinion that is very premature.

Of Course he will make the news, San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the US, there is only one larger city with a Latino Mayor. Sure they are going to talk about him on the news because that is an acievement. But winning the mayorship of San ANtonio is a long way from becoming Governor.

Houston is a bigger City and has a Lebiionic mayor. When she won it was on the news for weeks, Whooohoo Houston is the biggest City with a gay or lesbian mayor, but that doesn't translate into her winning the governorship.

Sorry if I didn't explain further.

PS. I will help Castro learn to tie his shoes if he helps me to learn to type

Old 08-28-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I didn't mean to make him sound like he doesn't have a future (he may learn to tie his shoes one day). I wa stalking in the here and now. And Renaud listed him as a shot for Texas Governor and in my opinion that is very premature.

Of Course he will make the news, San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the US, there is only one larger city with a Latino Mayor. Sure they are going to talk about him on the news because that is an acievement. But winning the mayorship of San ANtonio is a long way from becoming Governor.

Houston is a bigger City and has a Lebiionic mayor. When she won it was on the news for weeks, Whooohoo Houston is the biggest City with a gay or lesbian mayor, but that doesn't translate into her winning the governorship.

Sorry if I didn't explain further.

PS. I will help Castro learn to tie his shoes if he helps me to learn to type

Lol you know the mayor of San Antonio?

Old 08-28-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Lol you know the mayor of San Antonio?
doesn't everyone in San Antonio?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.