Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 03:47 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,949,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Since the answer to that will likely derail the thread, I hope it will be shared via Direct Message.
it might not, it may have been a dream, a wonderful epithany, a documentary, a visit, angelic intervention.

I have noticed in the 'what city would you like to visit' thread that a number of people listed Houston, so it just shows how many people put down a place without knowing crap about it and change their mind after visiting.

a sweeping apology to Southerners just perked my interest as to what caused the turn around
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 03:48 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwriter View Post
Hello,

I apologize for all of the stereotypical and ignorant things I've posted over the past two years about Southerners and the South. Looking back over my posts, I realize I basically made the South look like an ignorant, backwater locale. I've offended many and much of what I've posted has been uncalled for. Please forgive me.
I don't know you and glad you realize you are wrong about our region. I would like to correct one thing in your statement. You did not make us look ignorant, you made yourself look ignorant, so no harm was done to us. Apology accepted.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:58 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,331,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
Flyingwriter, I told myself I wouldn't ever post again on this website besides one more video in the accent thread and after that I will ask for my account to be banned later on, however this thread is worth posting in. But until that happens I guess I can make a few more posts here and kill of the last few days of time I have here until I ask to be gone for good. (For clarification to the mods, no I don't mean right now, please don't do it right now! I still need to get that video in!!) I have grown to not like what I see here, too much hatred haha all the time. And besides I really love getting outdoors and spending time doing something constructive, if you want to relieve stress, I suggest Kayaking to anyone interested. Did that twice this month.

If this site even has 10% of the true American portrayal that I hope it has, the readers of the region you're addressing will forgive you. I hope they do. You're apology is very sincere, and you should be commended for your honesty.
Good luck, I agree and I've been feeling a similar way lately, I think I've been done for a while. I'll come on every now and then. You're one of the few good posters.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:21 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,364,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwriter View Post
Hello,

I apologize for all of the stereotypical and ignorant things I've posted over the past two years about Southerners and the South. Looking back over my posts, I realize I basically made the South look like an ignorant, backwater locale. I've offended many and much of what I've posted has been uncalled for. Please forgive me.
As someone that has locked horns with you more times than I can count, I must say this sounds very sincere and genuine. Thank you.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:23 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,364,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Good luck, I agree and I've been feeling a similar way lately, I think I've been done for a while. I'll come on every now and then. You're one of the few good posters.
Totally agree on all counts.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:30 PM

458 posts, read 1,271,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgamibi View Post
Lived in the south for 6 years so technically I am a Southerner, you are forgiven, even though most of what you said is true xD
Seriously? Six years makes you a Southerner? Not unless you're six years old.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:08 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,644,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who felt this way. I was going to cut ties after the Braves season ended but that accent thread was something that was fresh & productive. Danny, I like reading your posts and it'll be lame to not see some realism on here, later.

Flyingwriter, it's cool, put it behind you. I'll admit, sometimes your posts make you seem naive/oblivious to things but you seem legit here.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:56 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,556,553 times
That's sweet. I haven't lived in the South since I was five, and I'm not totally uncritical of it as every region has its problems, but it's nice to see people breaking away from lazy stereotypes. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.