Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 12:19 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times

Advertisements

It is passed your bedtime Sur. do you need mommy to tuck you in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 12:23 AM

115 posts, read 149,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
Are you calling me a redneck?

I'm pretty sure I am Asian. And I am pretty sure I know my backyard better than you considering you've never been to my house before. I haven't ever used bug spray before in my life and I have lived in humid places, Singapore, India, & Houston. Never used bug spray in any of those places.

This is my house (Do you see my pool covered up?):

Honestly, I am not trying to lie or hide the truth (And I'd wish you'd believe me because I ACTUALLY do live in the area you're describing), but I haven't covered my pool before. I don't even own a pool cover at all. And the only things I see in the water from time to time are leaves. I never see roaches, lizards, or any of those bugs in there. I sometimes see baby larvas on the surface of the water, but I think that's common everywhere, seen it in Chicago too. So I just use the filter to clean it out. I don't see the big problem with that when a lot of the areas in the country have that issue.

I've lived in Singapore, India, & Houston, and all are very humid places, I haven't ever used bug spray before, in my life. EVER. And you're trying to pass it off like people here do that.

Bowie is a moderator and he lives in Texas and he mods this forum, he can tell you that people don't go out of their way to wear bug spray every time they leave their house.
That neighborhood looks so familar.

How weird would it be if we've stayed in the same neighborhood.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:28 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
It is passed your bedtime Sur. do you need mommy to tuck you in?
You know, you really are witty; that was so funny and so original at the same time. But speaking of bedtime; better check ahead there partner cause a thunderstorm may swoop in anytime overnight. Whoa, wait a minute, Houston doesn't get thunderstorms; it only rains; there's a biiiig difference you know.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:31 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzyy View Post
That neighborhood looks so familar.

How weird would it be if we've lived in the same neighborhood?
For real?

Do you live in Waters Cove-Riverstone? That's where I live it's near Sugar Land. I take it that you've been there before?

Old 12-13-2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
For real?

Do you live in Waters Cove-Riverstone? That's where I live it's near Sugar Land. I take it that you've been there before?
LOL how very weird. I was just there a few weeks go...someone close to me lives there on Shapiro Court which I believe is the street opposite your pool!

Old 12-13-2010, 12:41 AM

Quote:
LOL how very weird. I was just there a few weeks go...someone close to me lives there on Shapiro Court which I believe is the street opposite your pool!
HAHAHAHA
Wow what a small world man! Yeah that is the street opposite of my pool. Hahaha, oh and for the record. Can I ask you something?

Did you see anyone there who had pool covers on their pool? (They're custom pools anyways, they cant even have covers without custom made ones from China) Personally, I live there and have NEVER seen anyone cover their pool before, at any point in the year. But just asking an outsider who has been to chime in on this.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
HAHAHAHA
Wow what a small world man! Yeah that is the street opposite of my pool. Hahaha, oh and for the record. Can I ask you something?

Did you see anyone there who had pool covers on their pool? (They're custom pools anyways, they cant even have covers) Personally, I live there and have NEVER seen anyone cover their pool before. But just asking an outsider who has been to chime in on this.
I've never even seen a covered pool in Houston. Certainly not in that neighborhood.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:49 AM

Quote:
I've never even seen a covered pool in Houston. Certainly not in that neighborhood.
Thank you for clearing that up! I really took it to heart when someone who hasn't ever been to my neighborhood is calling me a liar when I said "people don't wear bug spray everywhere they go".
Frankly, I don't know a soul who wears insect repellent or bug spray where I live (or in general for that matter unless they go hiking), but that's just me personally. I'm not trying to hide anything but in my 14 years, I haven't met anyone who does it casually. I know those who go hiking or to Texas City or Beachside that do but that's about it.

And I was being told I was lying.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:55 AM

301 posts, read 639,983 times
This thread is just one soap opera after another it seems

Old 12-13-2010, 01:02 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
Quote:
Thank you for clearing that up! I really took it to heart when someone who hasn't ever been to my neighborhood is calling me a liar when I said "people don't wear bug spray everywhere they go".
Frankly, I don't know a soul who wears insect repellent or bug spray where I live (or in general for that matter unless they go hiking), but that's just me personally. I'm not trying to hide anything but in my 14 years, I haven't met anyone who does it casually. I know those who go hiking or to Texas City or Beachside that do but that's about it.

And I was being told I was lying.
It's screened pool enclosures and, according to what I have read, it is very common in the South. Here's a quote:

Pool Cage Enclosures | Pool Cage Screen Enclosure – Houston, Austin
If you are a Texas home owner with a pool, we are sure you have thought about a pool cover more than once. A pool cage that completely encloses your pool provides the ultimate in enjoyment. Consider these points:
  • Bug-Free swimming and entertaining
  • Leaves and debis stay out
These are very common in Florida and anywhere that has lots of flying bugs like Texas. These enclosures, on the other hand, are almost non-existent in California because our summers are very dry and rain is practically unheard of. Now do you understand what I was referring to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.