Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 08:21 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,963,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post

Hahahahahaha nahhh. I'm straight to the core, I love women!
pffft so what are doing in this thread??

lol I had to throw that one in, I dunno why I am in such a teasing mood tonight, maybe it is the cold weather. Maybe I should fly to LA and go tan on the beach with my bug spray. Wanna Join me C- Sur?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 09:20 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,393,592 times
I can only laugh reading the BS from Texas; a summer climate that is considered one of the most miserable in the nation due to extremely high humidity and regular thunderstorms. No mosquitoes! At least be honest or is this just the typical Texas good ole boy crap? I don't have to have visited Houston but I sure have read many posts by Houstonians about how they utterly dread summer for the discomfort and many many bugs.

Anyway, who would want to lie around a pool in constant sweat? No wonder the Texas yahoos all have rednecks since their cowboy handkerchiefs soak up the constant sweat.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:21 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,697,701 times
there are good looking and ugly people EVERYWHERE

Old 12-12-2010, 09:22 PM

ha ha, it is funny listening to people describe a place he has never been.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
there are good looking and ugly people EVERYWHERE
there are no ugly people in Texas. we had all of ours deported to California where they belong

Old 12-12-2010, 09:24 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,697,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
there are no ugly people in Texas. we had all of ours deported to California where they belong
haha makes sense

Old 12-12-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
haha makes sense
hollywood needs naturally ugly freaks for movies and all.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:34 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,055,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I can only laugh reading the BS from Texas; a summer climate that is considered one of the most miserable in the nation due to extremely high humidity and regular thunderstorms. No mosquitoes! At least be honest or is this just the typical Texas good ole boy crap? I don't have to have visited Houston but I sure have read many posts by Houstonians about how they utterly dread summer for the discomfort and many many bugs.

Anyway, who would want to lie around a pool in constant sweat? No wonder the Texas yahoos all have rednecks since their cowboy handkerchiefs soak up the constant sweat.
Are you calling me a redneck?

I'm pretty sure I am Asian. And I am pretty sure I know my backyard better than you considering you've never been to my house before. I haven't ever used bug spray before in my life and I have lived in humid places, Singapore, India, & Houston. Never used bug spray in any of those places.

This is my house (Do you see my pool covered up?):

Honestly, I am not trying to lie or hide the truth (And I'd wish you'd believe me because I ACTUALLY do live in the area you're describing), but I haven't covered my pool before. I don't even own a pool cover at all. And the only things I see in the water from time to time are leaves. I never see roaches, lizards, or any of those bugs in there. I sometimes see baby larvas on the surface of the water, but I think that's common everywhere, seen it in Chicago too. So I just use the filter to clean it out. I don't see the big problem with that when a lot of the areas in the country have that issue.

I've lived in Singapore, India, & Houston, and all are very humid places, I haven't ever used bug spray before, in my life. EVER. And you're trying to pass it off like people here do that.

Bowie is a moderator and he lives in Texas and he mods this forum, he can tell you that people don't go out of their way to wear bug spray every time they leave their house.

Last edited by DANNYY; 12-12-2010 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: Tweak.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:43 PM

Danny, he has never even been to Texas.

lol he also said we get regular thunderstorms. when was the last time you got caught up in a thunderstorm Danny?? ha ha.

some people are so funny when they start sprouting stupid steryotypes.

C Sur Houston gets lots of rain, not regular thunderstorms. biiiiiig difference.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:51 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,055,953 times
^ No idea about that. But all I know is that I haven't had to use bug spray before in my life, and while I'm at it not just in Houston but never in Singapore or India either. As well as the fact that I've never had to cover my pool before either and my neighbors have either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.