Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 06:48 PM

35 posts, read 129,412 times

Advertisements

Alright. What do you all think are the best travel places for gay men who are hispanic? Some friends and I are planning to travel about 2-3 times a year since we have had great deals with expedia. Suggestions?

We have visited every major city in Texas (we're from Austin), Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, along with Chicago, Atlanta, San Francisco.

Chicago was by far the best out of these!

What do you all think? Remember, gay and hispanic . Don't necessarily need a latino population, we just don't want to encounter people with issues against Mexican Americans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 10:31 PM

154 posts, read 707,585 times
well, since you've already got 3 of the big ones out of the way (san francisco, atlanta, chicago)... i recommend these ones...

providence, RI
seattle, WA
philadelphia, PA
new haven, CT
portland, OR
minneapolis, MN

Old 07-15-2007, 10:42 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,926,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT205 View Post
Alright. What do you all think are the best travel places for gay men who are hispanic? Some friends and I are planning to travel about 2-3 times a year since we have had great deals with expedia. Suggestions?

We have visited every major city in Texas (we're from Austin), Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, along with Chicago, Atlanta, San Francisco.

Chicago was by far the best out of these!

What do you all think? Remember, gay and hispanic . Don't necessarily need a latino population, we just don't want to encounter people with issues against Mexican Americans
Fort Lauderdale!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Second highest volume of gays only to San Francisco.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Fort Lauderdale!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Second highest volume of gays only to San Francisco.
We've been thinking of Miami, but people seem negative toward that city. Fort Lauderdale is up the street, though, so maybe we could do both

Old 07-16-2007, 11:22 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,926,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT205 View Post
We've been thinking of Miami, but people seem negative toward that city. Fort Lauderdale is up the street, though, so maybe we could do both
Miami, well, just be careful, take precautions against crime (Same applies for Fort Lauderdale to a lesser extent), stay in Miami Beach, and you will have a good time. A lot of the local population across the bay can be homophobic (not to mention the Cubans/South Americans don't seem to like Mexicans too much from what I have encountered), but Miami Beach can be very fun and is quite open minded. You will have NO problems in Fort Lauderdale and its surrounding area with people, but like I said, you still need to be aware of your surroundings, like any other city. It's a bit safer than Miami Beach, though.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:19 PM

102 posts, read 455,159 times
If you would want to visit the Midwest, Minneapolis would probably be the best choice.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:07 PM

1,127 posts, read 5,012,360 times
New Orleans

Old 07-16-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Miami, well, just be careful, take precautions against crime (Same applies for Fort Lauderdale to a lesser extent), stay in Miami Beach, and you will have a good time. A lot of the local population across the bay can be homophobic (not to mention the Cubans/South Americans don't seem to like Mexicans too much from what I have encountered), but Miami Beach can be very fun and is quite open minded. You will have NO problems in Fort Lauderdale and its surrounding area with people, but like I said, you still need to be aware of your surroundings, like any other city. It's a bit safer than Miami Beach, though.
Thanks. It is important that I get the "gay-mexican" element is in there. I actually encountered lots of issues when I visited San Francisco. Gay mecca? Yes. But people would say comments toward us on being mexican. It's a fact that is not really discussed and probably not well known.

San Francisco - News - You Can't Be Gay -- You're Latino

Needless to say I won't visit that place again.

So I just want to avoid regretting a trip if I'm going to be paying hundreds of dollars just to get an unwelcome vibe

Last edited by AT205; 07-16-2007 at 06:24 PM..

Old 07-16-2007, 06:41 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,400,592 times
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned New York yet. DC has a very large gay scene as well and while I can't speak for whether or not the gay community itself is well-integrated, the culture of the DC area as a whole, is very accepting of diversity, including Mexicans.

Another possibility for a more sedate vacation would be Cape Cod. Provincetown has always been a gay mecca.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:06 PM

396 posts, read 1,700,016 times
Columbus, Ohio has a big gay population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.