Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 06:21 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,405,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I think the "Three Strike Rule" might be another reason for leaving California.
was this a ignorant racial post?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
If we're going to go by your BS Opinion then North Carolina may as well be a Northern State too........
sadly you have plent yof wanna bee northerners in north Carolina.

your just mad that people from dc/b more/Maryland claim up north. get over it.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitek View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A
I believe that I know more than you can possibly dream of dude. First of all I'm not 50 but I'm in my twenties to be exact. Second, the middle east term is not an factual term it used by the urban community from Maryland to North Carolina to distinguish themselves from the deep south and the north. Third, I do not live in the year 1826 I'm living in 2011 and based my experiences off having been to alot places and having family in the south(Maryland included) and facts not from some guy like you who watches episodes of the Wire and the Corner and thinks he knows it all. Fourth, Richmond, VA is extremely southern. Being the capital of the confederacy, the way of life, pace, lifestyle is nothing but southern. Fifth, if don't you think that Maryland is in the south ask the Government what they think it is.

yea nice try with the bull but even Wikipedia(not a great souce) even puts Maryland as the mid-Atlantic region. But according to you its only the urban community

Maryland (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3c/Speakerlink.svg/11px-Speakerlink.svg.png (broken link)i /ˈmɛrələnd/)[6] is a U.S. state located in the Mid Atlantic region, bordering Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia to its south and west; Pennsylvania to its north; and Delaware to its east. According to the U.S. Census Bureau

Maryland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-04-2011, 07:53 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,299,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
no place in Delaware is the south since Delaware is on the northern half of the dixie.
Uh, no, 90% of Delaware is south of the line. I agree, though, that you shouldn't go by the line, though it's pretty close.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
Uh, no, 90% of Delaware is south of the line. I agree, though, that you shouldn't go by the line, though it's pretty close.

um no isnt. delaware as a state boarders the northern half of the mason-dixie line.

File:Mason-dixon-line.gif - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.2idiotsinaboat.com/pilgri...masondixon.jpg

Old 02-04-2011, 11:11 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,299,568 times
Quote:
um no isnt. delaware as a state boarders the northern half of the mason-dixie line.

File:Mason-dixon-line.gif - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.2idiotsinaboat.com/pilgri...masondixon.jpg
Huh, weird. Egg on my face.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:42 AM

639 posts, read 1,289,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitek View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A
I believe that I know more than you can possibly dream of dude. First of all I'm not 50 but I'm in my twenties to be exact. Second, the middle east term is not an factual term it used by the urban community from Maryland to North Carolina to distinguish themselves from the deep south and the north. Third, I do not live in the year 1826 I'm living in 2011 and based my experiences off having been to alot places and having family in the south(Maryland included) and facts not from some guy like you who watches episodes of the Wire and the Corner and thinks he knows it all. Fourth, Richmond, VA is extremely southern. Being the capital of the confederacy, the way of life, pace, lifestyle is nothing but southern. Fifth, if don't you think that Maryland is in the south ask the Government what they think it is.
Maybe in Maryland, but 90% of blacks in NC are VERY proud to be southern!
Come to NC go in a black barbershop an explain an talk about how they live in the middle east and not the south and you will get a patch in your fade, cut on your ear and a raised rate!
Also, you are living in the past!

Old 02-05-2011, 11:57 AM

214 posts, read 427,409 times
Quote:
sadly you have plent yof wanna bee northerners in north Carolina.

your just mad that people from dc/b more/Maryland claim up north. get over it.
Yea just like you have wannabe northerners in Maryland who and want to completely wash away history lol. You have people born and raised in Connecticut who claim that they are New Yorkers and not new englanders but guess what they are. And DC blacks are very southern. Hartford, Boston, Philly, Manhattan, Providence are examples of northern cities, true northern cities. Get over it. Take a history class, crack open a book or something and stop watching too much Wire. Southern culture definitely exists in Maryland. First, the native dialects(like Baltimorese) are partially influenced by Southern speech, and southern accents like the Tidewater one are just as native to Maryland as they are to Virginia. Second, native cuisine like crabs, Smith Island Pound Cake, Maryland Beaten Biscuits, Stuffed Ham and Maryland Fried Chicken, or tobacco, one of the state symbols that has a tremendous legacy in Maryland, all lean more in the Southern direction. Third, there is nothing "Northeastern" about Southern Maryland or the Eastern Shore. There are those who say Baltimore and DC aren't southern cities, yet they have Southern roots/origins, and continue to be influenced by the South in their own intricate way. Just because they've changed a lot from what they originally were, have gotten bigger, become more diverse, as many places have, doesn't mean they no longer fit into the region. But to see that requires letting go of cliched and oversimplified stereotypes of what the South is. All of the south has changed.

Last edited by hitek; 02-05-2011 at 12:54 PM..

Old 02-05-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Thats the whole point according to the goof up their everything is determined by the retarded dixie line. If so then no place in Delaware is the south since Delaware is on the northern half of the dixie.
Im not going to talk about this subject anymore take it up with the census bureau.

Last edited by hitek; 02-05-2011 at 12:52 PM..

Old 02-05-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
I have a few friends in LA and it is true that Mexicans cannot stand blacks there. One of my friends moved from Chicago to Los Angeles and he agrees. It's pretty bad.
The tensions between African Americans and Latinos have been pretty thick. I read that the reasons for the tensions are the scare supply of low-end jobs, school and health services, gang turf, illegal immigration, cultural differences, and language differences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.