Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 01:18 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times

Advertisements

Where would a guy look for girls that keep themselves healthy and in shape in the deep south, where the percentage of overweight people is approaching the 30's.
I'm moving to northern Florida next year, and have probably been spoiled with the fact that my city has a good number of good looking young people.
I work hard keeping my diet in check and planning my meals and exercise times and I'd expect the same thing in a person I'd wish to date. I know the older I get the fatter most people get, and I've already began to see some of the changes from high school to my freshman college year on facebook.
I wouldn't look in the gym as I've already caught up to the fact that if the girl knows how to lift, shes probably taken, not to mention the gym is a place for business not social life.
Where can people that eat properly and exercise well be found outside of the gym in the deep south?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 01:23 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Well just cause you get old doesn't mean you have to get fat. But thats the age it seems to go on. I say just be yourself and maybe you can motivate a female friend to be healthy too. I have friends in the south that age and they are not fat. Some are taken and some are not.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:26 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Well just cause you get old doesn't mean you have to get fat. But thats the age it seems to go on. I say just be yourself and maybe you can motivate a female friend to be healthy too. I have friends in the south that age and they are not fat. Some are taken and some are not.
I know they are out there, but where can they be found?
People that go to bars after hitting 21 and indulge, usually tend to get a gut right after.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:30 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
Volunteering or service projects maybe? Those people tend to be pretty active, plus you can do good deeds in the process

Old 07-07-2011, 01:33 PM

47 posts, read 86,582 times
Why not the gym? Not every pretty girl working out is taken...

Try the library, art exhibits, live shows, go to things that interest you...then you'd have a better chance of finding someone that shares those interests...

Old 07-07-2011, 01:38 PM

330 posts, read 599,230 times
Go on meetup.com and find interesting people who walk, take bike rides, climb rocks.. whatever find active people that way.. active will mean in shape. Also if you move to a place that has an urban downtown, people who live in cities are generally in better shape (because they are so much more active) than those who live in the suburbs.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:20 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,782,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Where would a guy look for girls that keep themselves healthy and in shape in the deep south, where the percentage of overweight people is approaching the 30's.
I'm moving to northern Florida next year, and have probably been spoiled with the fact that my city has a good number of good looking young people.
I work hard keeping my diet in check and planning my meals and exercise times and I'd expect the same thing in a person I'd wish to date. I know the older I get the fatter most people get, and I've already began to see some of the changes from high school to my freshman college year on facebook.
I wouldn't look in the gym as I've already caught up to the fact that if the girl knows how to lift, shes probably taken, not to mention the gym is a place for business not social life.
Where can people that eat properly and exercise well be found outside of the gym in the deep south?
That percentage was tabulated by random samplings of heights and weights from medical records. Clincs will report BMI numbers, but they make no comment on whether the numbers reflect a fit subject or not. The data is skewed for a number of reasons, but (i) healthy young people in their twenties and thirties are the least likely to appear at a clinic for routine check-ups so I doubt the sampling is representative of your dating pool (ii) BMI is crap to begin with but it is less and less relevant the taller a subject is - anyone taller than 6' is likely to be healthily carrying more weight than the BMI calculation deems "normal", so the already unrepresentative sample is inappropriately skewed to the overweight-obese end of the spectrum and (iii) there is a certain percentage of the population that is just plain mesomorphic and will never fit in the BMI box, so the unrepresentative, skewed sample is knocked even farther askew.

Contrary to what you may have learned in your long high school and college career, the gym is a great place to meet girls who care about their fitness and appearance, as is Whole Foods, as is a CrossFit class.

Also, you may want to try "campus". You could also try "a bar" that is close to "campus."

When I got out of school I moved to a God forsaken portion of East Texas where I was certain there were no eligible and acceptable women for 200 miles or more. Yahoo Personals or any of the dating sites are your friend in that situation. You will discover that there are a lot of girls who are also in a new place with no contacts and no support group.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:36 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,257,511 times
I am sure you can find healthy ladies in any city...just start looking around. I like the idea that you should volunteer or be involved in some community activity as that might open up your pool of people.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:51 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,782,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
I am sure you can find healthy ladies in any city...just start looking around. I like the idea that you should volunteer or be involved in some community activity as that might open up your pool of people.
Although, it may be worth pointing out that this could be an excellent way to do some heavy petting for 45 minutes, then an abrupt halt, a quick prayer and never anything else.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:28 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
The only people who can not see beauty in those with a few extra pounds are young people with little maturity. Don't get me wrong. Few find anyone attractive who have more rolls then Mario's bakery. But those with a few extra pounds over what our stupid culture considers perfect bodies have much beauty to behold.

And the best thing of all? Those a bit over weight are not stuck up like the skinny minnys.

Let me tell you something my young college friend. When you get older you will learn that looks are not as important as being with some one who has a wonderful intelligent sharp witty mind. One who will love, give and share. Find me some one under 25 who can even explain that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.