Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 02:59 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,680,039 times

Advertisements

plans not changing. going out to the west coast (ca/az/nv) - when I had this brilliant idea, flights were $320/rt which was good. had to secure lodging first and after that was done, flights increased to $440 (literally overnight). now they are $520. I got one free flight with miles (my tkt) so if nothing else, *I'm* going. LOL since this isn't until July, hopefully the prices will go down, even for a day. I get daily emails tracking the price. oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 08:53 AM

9,523 posts, read 16,505,688 times
I'm leaving Oregon in 2 weeks and driving to Massachusetts. I was going to leave in April or May but decided to move it up because of the gas prices. So I am concerned but I'm not going to worry about it, because there is nothing I can do about it. If I spend anytime getting irritated over this problem. It just makes it worse and I want to enjoy the trip. I will say I am tired of the USA not having dealth, with this problem when its started in the 1970's. We are held hostage by this continuing problem for all these decades now. Its always the same song and dance. We can't do anything about the oil companies they have us over a barrel.

So for me personally I have heard it all before since those gas lines of the 1970's. I'm retired now and I don't give a rats rear end, concerning all the stupid reasons we are given for the rise in prices It would be real nice if the gas prices were more affordable but there not. So I'm going on my trip and the oil companies and all the hideous reasons for the high prices can go. Well you know where they can all go.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:40 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,735,156 times
The only real vacation I've been on since 1996 was my scouting trip to Seattle and Bellingham in November of 2010 which led to my moving here last summer. So no, it won't be affecting my vacation plans because I have none!

Old 02-22-2012, 11:03 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,183,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
What vacation?! LOL Seriously though, I may push it up a month since the media is continuously saying gas prices should be near $4.50 around here by Memorial Day.
Seriously. Some of you are lucky just to be able to go on vacation!

Old 02-22-2012, 11:23 AM

14,012 posts, read 14,995,436 times
I don't think the gas prices will go that high, considering how much gas/oil wasn't used to heat homes this winter, and most home heating companies are the same that own gas stations.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:47 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,680,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Seriously. Some of you are lucky just to be able to go on vacation!
absolutely. just answering the question tho'.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:56 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,853,040 times
Nope. Not changing my plans.

I'm in a better position than many others and don't have kids or a MIL to take with me... though, I did tell a few friends that I would foot the bill for a Vegas trip for my best friend's gf's birthday in May (I have a hookup at the Belaggio). They, my sister, and other friends are coming from SF, though, and will have to pay for their airfare; I'll be driving with a girl from LA. If gas prices jump a buck per gallon, it'll cost me an extra $11 each way to gas my car up, which is hardly going to kill me...

Summer vacation will be in Jamaica; two friends are getting married there. Airfare will probably cost a grip, but hey. S'all good

Old 02-22-2012, 02:10 PM

82 posts, read 128,296 times
Gas prices gas schmises.

If driving, much extra will you be paying with rising gas prices? 2 dollars more per tank? is that really a deal breaker???? I don't get it. Even if gas prices rose by 50 cents, it would still only be a whopping $10 more per tank for my gas guzzling Mercedes AMG.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:05 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times
I don’t get it, supply and demand doesn’t control the prices at the pump anymore; our oil industry is refining oil in to gasoline and shipping it offshore. Our pump prices are reflecting the world market not our conservation of use.

As a comparison “if” the pharmaceutical meds sold in the states reflected the world market the prices would come down, however that isn’t happening.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:25 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,184,687 times
Don't own a car or take road trips, so I really don't care how high they go as far as driving. I know flying goes up, but I'll still take my 3 trips overseas per year. I don't care how much they cost You only live once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.