Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 04:52 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,679,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDigital85 View Post
you have the right idea manofbess... screw driving, too much $$ and hassle
Seriously, man! I don't have a gray hair yet and I don't want driving to cause them to come. The way things are around these parts, that may not be avoidable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2007, 05:09 PM

234 posts, read 1,158,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintLaurent View Post
New York!!!!

huge 15,000 sq ft condo overlooking the park.

awwwww@ cute little park. LA or santa barbara or san diego or orange county. so much to choose from . the hollywood hills,brentwood,pacific palisades,benedict canyon,silver lake,malibu, santa monica,bel air and over looking a real forest. the griffith park

Last edited by donjuan; 09-15-2007 at 05:32 PM..

Old 09-16-2007, 03:57 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Out of this list probably San Fran. But I would prefer Carmel, Santa Barbara or Newport Beach California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
If money or income were not an issue for you or your family, which of the cities listed below would you prefer to live?

Atlanta
Chicago
Miami
NYC
Boston
Philadelphia
St. Louis
Minneapolis
Seattle
Portland, OR
San Fransisco
Los Angeles
San Diego

Old 09-16-2007, 04:11 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,025,272 times
Los Angeles--Hollywood Hills, Beverly Hills, or Bel Air

Old 09-17-2007, 09:46 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,758,430 times
If money weren't an issue, I'd live:

- San Francisco
- And I wouldn't be trying to get OUT of NY right now. (It's too expensive.) Instead, I'd either live in Tribeca in a Duplex, or 1st Choice, Upper West Side.

But, in my heart of hearts, I'd prefer to live overseas.

- I love Rome, but I'm not sure I'd want to live in the city of Rome. Maybe the outskirts.
- I'd live in Florence, but only for a year. After that I would want to move on.
- I could live in Nice for some time. Nice is fantastic.

There are lots of places overseas I'd prefer to live rather than the US, but I'd like to visit just in case before I committed.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:49 AM

102 posts, read 454,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
this is comming from someone who lives in minnesota. hey kevin garnett doesnt agree with you. He has a home in LA while he was playing for the minnesota timberwolves... lol you
That point might have made sense if I was comparing Minneapolis to LA. But I'm not. I'm comparing San Diego to LA. So you're point doesn't make sense.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:52 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
If money weren't an issue, I'd live:

- San Francisco
- And I wouldn't be trying to get OUT of NY right now. (It's too expensive.) Instead, I'd either live in Tribeca in a Duplex, or 1st Choice, Upper West Side.

But, in my heart of hearts, I'd prefer to live overseas.

- I love Rome, but I'm not sure I'd want to live in the city of Rome. Maybe the outskirts.
- I'd live in Florence, but only for a year. After that I would want to move on.
- I could live in Nice for some time. Nice is fantastic.

There are lots of places overseas I'd prefer to live rather than the US, but I'd like to visit just in case before I committed.
Again,.......... what about Canada ? Vancouver- Toronto , both better than any of the US cities. There are others also. Canada is booming ! US citizens can move there if you can show 750,000 liquid assets min., or , have a special talent.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:56 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Again,.......... what about Canada ? Vancouver- Toronto , both better than any of the US cities. There are others also. Canada is booming ! US citizens can move there if you can show 750,000 liquid assets min., or , have a special talent.
Thats all a matter of personal tastes. I dont think many would give up Miami for Toronto. Also, the USA is booming much more than Canada.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:52 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Thats all a matter of personal tastes. I dont think many would give up Miami for Toronto. Also, the USA is booming much more than Canada.
" personal tastes" ...... my guess is , you don't like Starbucks ether.........

Old 09-17-2007, 09:13 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,699,609 times
Why would anyone WANT to live in Canada? The terrible health care system alone would turn me off not to mention the cold weather! There are thousands of Canadians that come to Phoenix every winter and I've heard enough horror stories that have put me off from even visiting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.