Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 01:44 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,244,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree about PA being very diverse. I do pipeline work and right now most of the action is in PA. I lived a year in Greene County and then on to Wyalusing, PA. Have done work in Greensburg, Williamsport and many areas of PA between. Most of these jobs are about 30 to 50 mile long projects, and we walk that entire project. It may take 4 or 5 months to walk it but we walk every step of the way. And other than the hills getting taller and bigger from one area to another there was not much difference between Greene County and Wayalusing, PA. When you get to Allentown it starts getting flatter but still small hills and trees.
ftp://ftp.epa.gov/wed/ecoregions/reg3/reg3_eco.pdf

Pennsylvania is the top of the map.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 02:49 PM

262 posts, read 606,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Nonsense, there are other states where you go from Palm Trees to Snow in hours.

which do you think we lack in the Gulf States, Palm trees or Snow??

I Think Lubbock TX was the Major US city to get the most snow last year
Well, I mean you're right in a way, but it isn't quite the same. In Arizona, or California for that matter, you can go from 80F and sunny, to pine trees and blizzard within a short drive. I'm not aware of any other part of the US that's like that, maybe New Mexico.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:49 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,142,138 times
Quote:
If you are offended by sarcasm as simple as well duh sherlock then you have plenty of growing up to do. Move on dude and stop derailing the thread with personal complaints. This is a discussion forum. If you cant handle critism, get therapy or dont read it
Yet again, you can't help but be insulting.

Criticism is fine, but it's all in the way you say it. You don't have to be insulting. And your first post, and most certainly this post, are insulting. And as I'm a woman in her 50s, I'd rather not be addressed as dude, if you don't mind.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:56 PM

262 posts, read 606,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I love how people point out that Texas has an advantage due to its size, as if these other states aren't huge.

You could take away the Panhandle, North Texas, and South Texas, and the state will still be in the top 5 for diversity.

Now, if California, Oregon, Washington, and Arizona were all the size of Tennessee, they wouldn't exactly have the same level of diversity that they do now. Let's keep it real, folks.
That's a good point, but you could you cut out a small section of Arizona around Phoenix, and that area would contain everything from semi-tropical desert to alpine tundra. So within an area about the size of Tennessee you could have a little bit of everything. That's why Arizona still gets my vote.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:01 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Yet again, you can't help but be insulting.

Criticism is fine, but it's all in the way you say it. You don't have to be insulting. And your first post, and most certainly this post, are insulting. And as I'm a woman in her 50s, I'd rather not be addressed as dude, if you don't mind.
dude its a forum. feelings are gonna be hurt. Move on. Discuss the thread and stop worrying about what I say. Why don't you try contributing positively to the thread for a change?

Old 12-23-2012, 03:20 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,863,854 times
Quote:
yes, he should raise all three. It is silly giving Texas a 2 for forests when you can fit entire states in Texas's forests.

as for the rest I agree. if a state does not have something, give it a zero

Nonsense, there are other states where you go from Palm Trees to Snow in hours.

which do you think we lack in the Gulf States, Palm trees or Snow??

I Think Lubbock TX was the Major US city to get the most snow last year
Please. Lubbock has a metro of 290,000 and its average yearly snowfall is 10.2 inches. Give me a break. Talk about boosting Texas without foreknowledge.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:23 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,863,854 times
Quote:
dude its a forum. feelings are gonna be hurt. Move on. Discuss the thread and stop worrying about what I say. Why don't you try contributing positively to the thread for a change?
She says not to be addressed as a dude, and you start your post with it again. Without capitalization also. And why post if you don't want people to worry about what you say?...

Old 12-23-2012, 03:35 PM

16,696 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Those are good choices; I'd also add Ohio, North Carolina and Alaska.
If you are going to have North Carolina, then you have to have Georgia. Very similar, actually.

The South Atlantic States (excluding Florida, and but including Alabama) have everything in the initial list except desert.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:37 PM

16,696 posts, read 29,515,591 times
California definitely gets the geographic cake!

Old 12-23-2012, 03:41 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bslette View Post
Please. Lubbock has a metro of 290,000 and its average yearly snowfall is 10.2 inches. Give me a break. Talk about boosting Texas without foreknowledge.
I did not say average. I said last year. don't change what I said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.