Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 03:58 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Haven't you learned yet????? Indianapolis is the answer to every question.
Indianapolis seems really boring. In fact so does most of middle America. I do like corn though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 04:06 PM

14 posts, read 195,529 times
I live in Seattle and it doesn't have a winter. This year we got ZERO snow and all rain. Some years we get some snow, and every 10 years we get 12'', but usually our winters are 34 degrees and raining/cloudy all day.

Also, the summers can be nice... notice the world CAN. Sometimes we don't get above 70 degrees until late June. Usually no rain in the summer though. And summer is completely GONE by late-September. Summer is very short here. It's one of the main reasons our family is moving... the weather can make you depressed here.

The best months in Seattle to completely match what you think of a "season" is Fall and Spring. Summer and Winters here are VERY mild, and that is putting it lightly!

No humidity (when its not raining), but not dry either, so that is nice.

I probably wouldn't put Seattle in the Top 5 for cities you are looking for.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:21 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Indianapolis still has humid summers....there's only a few places that don't, and they're in the desert usually on the west coast. Almost nowhere in the upper/upper-ish midwest/east coast is not humid in the summer.
no kidding! We've had 2 incredibly hot and humid summers ... hoping it stays away this summer! Also, for people with allergies, Indiana isn't very good.

You're going to have to compromise on the 4 seasons, to be honest. My buddy who teaches in Boulder seems to dig the climate ... but they had a foot of snow last week ...

Old 05-06-2013, 09:16 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,510,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
no kidding! We've had 2 incredibly hot and humid summers ... hoping it stays away this summer! Also, for people with allergies, Indiana isn't very good.

You're going to have to compromise on the 4 seasons, to be honest. My buddy who teaches in Boulder seems to dig the climate ... but they had a foot of snow last week ...
Exactly.
Its may and Boulder gets a foot of snow?
Jesus

Old 05-07-2013, 01:03 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,916,788 times
Reno is very dry in the summer, snows in the winter, and has a spring and fall.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:57 PM

34 posts, read 59,634 times
Denver is your best bet i would say

Old 05-17-2013, 09:13 AM

176 posts, read 348,653 times
A lot of people are mentioning Denver but I have to ask, because i grew up on the east coast, how is the change of season on the Front Range? I feel like the dry climate messes with the change of seasons. Wild temperature fluctuations year round, little vegetation to change from season to season.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:06 PM

154 posts, read 245,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howiester View Post
Reno is very dry in the summer, snows in the winter, and has a spring and fall.
BINGO. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:38 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,965,721 times
Denver is more like a two-season city. Winter and Summer, and they're not discrete like the seasons in other areas. Winter weather and summer weather happen sort of randomly. You're more likely to get the weather associated with one season during the time of year that's it's supposed to happen, but there's no guarantee. You get 53.5 inches of snow a year, and 300 sunny days a year.

You get a week of spring in May and then a week of Autumn in September, and those seasons don't have anywhere near the colors that they do for east coast cities. Also, you better like wind. It is quite windy. Make no mistake the city is beautiful anyway and as far as summers and winters go, they're quite pleasant. Lots of sun, and low humidity. Despite the possibility of snow happening for 3/4ths of the year there are still a lot of sunny days with 60-70 degree highs all throughout that time.

In short, I don't think there is any city that fully satisfies your requirement.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:43 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,201,724 times
Flagstaff, AZ, the Pacific Northwest or Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.