Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Texas ever surpass California in population?
YES 156 40.73%
NO 227 59.27%
Voters: 383. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 08:46 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,685,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
No. We're just going to keep asking just to make you mad.
Oh really since when do you make people mad from reading B.S. on the internet really.Look im reading a retarded statement im getting mad i want to punch my monitor.

Spade put the Gun Down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 08:46 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,482,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
Than most of those transplants from the Northeast must be Hispanics because every year the Hispanic population in California sees a big time drastic increase.
Actually, no.
The loss of people to some states doesnt mean we arent getting any from other states.

California consistenly has a net migration gain from New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.

Its the creative class and highly educated. Either they are going to Hollywood or theyre going to Silicon Valley.

Likewise, these 2 industries also sends some Californians to the NE.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:05 AM

Default California !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
That might be a motive for desperate Republicans to hold on to power and get triggered if the prices of real estate get California sky-high. Blame outsiders…they're easy to demagogue. Texans might be fooled to believe the state version of "Secure our Borders." Those SOBs might start passing legislation on population control and its associated bureaucracy (the Texas version USCIS/INS) and a good ol' F-you to the Feds if they try to interfere. Native born Texans will get Texas Citizenship and voting rights while transplants will be considered the equivalent of permanent residents with no right to vote. Texas exceptionalism and patriotism will be ramped up along with local right-wing talk show hosts pimping loyalty to the (Republican-run) State of Texas. And a wall will be built on the New Mexico border to keep those pesky Californians away.
Pesky is what you call it. Just remember where alway's Better than TX( Lots of Texas Pride coming from you i guess.). So Build the wall but they'll come to visit.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:45 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,516,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
Oh really since when do you make people mad from reading B.S. on the internet really.Look im reading a retarded statement im getting mad i want to punch my monitor.

Spade put the Gun Down.
1. I don't own a gun
2. I wasn't talking to you anyway?
3. What is your point?

Old 12-07-2008, 10:30 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,940,387 times
Texas will surpass California eventually.

Simply because of the 3 Sunbelt states with huge populations, Texas is the only one with a lot of land to continue expansions.

California is pretty crowded as it is, and the environmentalists have far more influence to block development there than in TX or FL

Florida is going to run out of desirable land for development sooner or later.

Texas has a ton of land still available.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:41 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,446,304 times
Quote:
Pesky is what you call it. Just remember where alway's Better than TX( Lots of Texas Pride coming from you i guess.). So Build the wall but they'll come to visit.
There are rich Mexicans from Mexico City in my neighborhood (must be why those some of million dollar houses across from me are being built in this economy). I heard why these people are leaving in droves on the 10:00 news earlier this year. I guess it has become more violent and gritty since I last visited 10 years ago.

Old 12-09-2008, 04:58 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,516,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Texas will surpass California eventually.

Simply because of the 3 Sunbelt states with huge populations, Texas is the only one with a lot of land to continue expansions.

California is pretty crowded as it is, and the environmentalists have far more influence to block development there than in TX or FL

Florida is going to run out of desirable land for development sooner or later.

Texas has a ton of land still available.
You know. California likes to build density compared to Texas. But there is lots of land to the North of Interstate 80.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:59 PM

There's plenty of Land in the I.E. to all the way to the Arizona Border.The I.E. is one of the top 5 fastest growing metro's in America and there's plenty of open land to develop on.The I.E. is slightly over the national average for housing but in much cheaper than the OC and La area which is why a lot of people from the LA area is moving to the I.E.Spade if not the gun then put the Bullets Down.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:03 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,940 times
Quote:
There's plenty of Land in the I.E. to all the way to the Arizona Border.
And you guys accuse of of being sprawled out

Old 12-13-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
And you guys accuse of of being sprawled out
Could i not say the same thing about Texas. It's saying im driving from Houston to Dallas.The hell do you call that. Don't know Diddo. Just to let you know that the I.E. doesn't even to to the AZ border the I.E. starts from the border from the O.C. to the SB Ranges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.