Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 05:49 AM

15,440 posts, read 25,862,569 times

Advertisements

It seems like there is no place where allergy sufferers can go for relief. Maybe someone here can tell us which city or area is better for allergy sufferers. <sneeze> Excuse me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 06:04 AM

54 posts, read 84,082 times
Default hmmm

out at sea, with lots of wind, far very very far from any land... (i'm allergy sufferer too).

Old 04-30-2008, 09:28 AM

101 posts, read 427,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gildossantos View Post
out at sea, with lots of wind, far very very far from any land... (i'm allergy sufferer too).

Yup, the coasts of Florida will address this nicely.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:11 AM

15,440 posts, read 25,862,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gildossantos View Post
Based the responses so far you may be right. I guess that there is no best place.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:36 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,665,805 times
When we went out West I started sinus drainage when we passed the Mississippi River and was still draining when we drove through Arizona. My answer would be that it is best in Arizona and New Mexico. I love those two states. I like New Mexico the best. There is a town there called Demning that would probably be a good place to live. It has a limitless water supply underground. The Southwestern part of Texas is good too.

The Southern coast does me no good at all and my dh had a choking spell every night at about 4 A. M. when we went South of Savannah. We cut our vacation short. His favorite saying now is that he hasn't lost a thing in Florida.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:26 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,243,674 times
a plastic bubble

Old 05-02-2008, 09:51 AM

53 posts, read 215,122 times
Depends what you're allergic to

In general I think most people find relief on the coasts because the ocean air prevents mold from growing, plus any major offending pollinating foliage does not grow well in sand/silt. But you have to be living right on or next to the water to benefit.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:58 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,333,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
When we went out West I started sinus drainage when we passed the Mississippi River and was still draining when we drove through Arizona. My answer would be that it is best in Arizona and New Mexico. I love those two states. I like New Mexico the best. There is a town there called Demning that would probably be a good place to live. It has a limitless water supply underground. The Southwestern part of Texas is good too.

The Southern coast does me no good at all and my dh had a choking spell every night at about 4 A. M. when we went South of Savannah. We cut our vacation short. His favorite saying now is that he hasn't lost a thing in Florida.
Rural Arizona or New Mexico, yes. Phoenix or Tucson (where the vast majority of the population of Arizona lives), no. People have planted so much grass and non-native plants that allergies have artificially been imported into the area. I have allergies like crazy here (Phoenix) especially during the month of March.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:59 AM

36,669 posts, read 67,640,140 times
Best Place to Live If You Have Allergies - Netscape Home & Real Estate
here's a list of sorts.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:58 AM

54 posts, read 84,082 times
Wink a pain shared all over the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Based the responses so far you may be right. I guess that there is no best place.
you have my support from Paris, France.
I a suffer from several pollen allergies :
-birch
-hazel tree
-grass
-cats
-dust

With a seasonal treatment, I can cope with that. Unfortunaltely, leaving in a huge city worsens the symptoms because of air pollution. According to what I've read, pollution particles coming from traffic retain the pollen and thus increase allergical reactions.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.