Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 11:58 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Noodles and Company, HQ in Broomfield, Colorado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 12:19 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,630,948 times
PF Chang's Scottsdale, AZ

Old 04-28-2018, 01:07 PM

822 posts, read 857,156 times
In Southern New England, the biggest most overrated supermarket is Stop and Shop.
Dunkin Donuts started here, and there's one on every corner ... and they are also overrated. I do not run on Dunkin.
Del's frozen lemonade ...omg ..the best (especially with vodka lol)

Old 04-28-2018, 05:07 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,936,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
Idaho : Albertsons was founded in Boise and is still headquartered in Boise. Winco is a regional grocery store chain also headquartered in Boise.

Safeway actually began in Idaho and what is interesting is Albertsons recently merged with Safeway to become Albertsons Companies LLC.

https://www.albertsons.com/our-compa...tions-history/

Safeway - Our-Story

https://www.wincofoods.com/about#/
I hadn't realized Safeway and Albertsons merged. I used to shop at Safeway when I lived in Wyoming. No Safeways here (that I'm aware of anyway) but there are Albertsons in the far western part of the state.

Old 04-28-2018, 11:47 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,700,318 times
Goodtimes Burgers & Frozen custard is pretty local to Colorado with 36 restaurants in the state and two in Wyoming. I use to think it was at least a national franchise

Old 04-29-2018, 08:15 AM

340 posts, read 320,790 times
Atlanta/Georgia has
Moes
Arby's
Waffle House
Chik-fil-A
Mellow Mushroom

Old 04-29-2018, 08:27 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric 0_0 View Post
Atlanta/Georgia has
Moes
Arby's
Waffle House
Chik-fil-A
Mellow Mushroom
Flying Biscuit
There. Fixed it.

Old 04-29-2018, 06:24 PM

6,377 posts, read 5,490,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
Yeah as much as Whataburger and In-N-Out are chains. Shake Shack, besides being in almost half the US states, is also international.

It was kinda a big deal a few years ago when Dallas got one, but now there are at least three in the metroplex I'm aware of.

It's ok, but kinda overpriced and overhyped. I'd take 5 guys over it any day.
I consider myself a bit of a burger connoisseur; and after hearing raves about Shake Shack (actually...mostly right here on C-D)...I really wanted to try it when I was in NYC for a bachelor party about two years ago. Didn't get a chance to then (did try White Castle in NJ on the way home though...not impressed).

Went to DC around this time last year..was psyched to finally try it out....was very disappointed.

Burger was small, not much flavor, and not much variety in toppings. Fries were only ok.

I'd take Five Guys over White Castle or Shake Shack any day. Really though I prefer local non-chain burgers and mostly hold out for those.

I used to work at Red Robin a long time ago...my first job when I was in high school. Thus I do not eat there anymore

Old 04-29-2018, 08:15 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
I consider myself a bit of a burger connoisseur; and after hearing raves about Shake Shack (actually...mostly right here on C-D)...I really wanted to try it when I was in NYC for a bachelor party about two years ago. Didn't get a chance to then (did try White Castle in NJ on the way home though...not impressed).

Went to DC around this time last year..was psyched to finally try it out....was very disappointed.

Burger was small, not much flavor, and not much variety in toppings. Fries were only ok.

I'd take Five Guys over White Castle or Shake Shack any day. Really though I prefer local non-chain burgers and mostly hold out for those.

I used to work at Red Robin a long time ago...my first job when I was in high school. Thus I do not eat there anymore
Ha ha ha! You went to White Castle! I think the people who eat those little square things--other than Harold and Kumar--are aging Weird New Jersey fans.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:19 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Wendy's, White Castle, Speedway, Abercromie & Fitch, Victoria's Secret, Bath & Body Works, Charlie's Subs, Bob Evans, etc. Chains are a cultural institution around here, ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.