Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 11:25 AM

6,353 posts, read 11,591,423 times

Advertisements

I think the OPs might do well to specify "best to you" or "considered best by most people".

I have to laugh at the poster proposing OTR for the 2nd definition. I would designate Mount Auburn. As a tourist, my preference was far and away Mount Adams - I don't think you find that combination of topography and commercial activity anywhere else in the eastern US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 01:08 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
The once and future great neighborhoods of Jacksonville. By reading CD you'd think there was no love for Jax whatsoever, but here it is. Trust me, as someone that has been a longtime fan, it will have its day.
Thanks!

Old 12-16-2013, 02:39 AM

278 posts, read 308,735 times
Cool Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
I think the OPs might do well to specify "best to you" or "considered best by most people".
That's implied.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:45 AM

6,353 posts, read 11,591,423 times
Which is implied?

Old 12-16-2013, 07:09 AM

549 posts, read 848,741 times
Quote:

I have to laugh at the poster proposing OTR for the 2nd definition. I would designate Mount Auburn. As a tourist, my preference was far and away Mount Adams - I don't think you find that combination of topography and commercial activity anywhere else in the eastern US.
Mount Adams certainly is a jewel and will continue to be, but Over-the-Rhine has been stealing a lot of the thunder the last few years. I'm a tour guide with a professional touring company in Cincinnati and we've been doing tours in Over-the-Rhine for 5 years. Things really started to change with regards to perceptions of OTR about two years ago.

Mount adams will continue to win any contest for views and charm. The neighborhood is sublime. However, Over-the-Rhine has the nightlife, dining, history, and photo opps to keep the tourists happy these days.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:31 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastmemphisguy View Post
Best is an opinion. Ritziest is River Oaks, home to Fred Smith, founder of FedEx, and Pitt Hyde, founder of Autozone. Memphis gets a bad rap, but there are quite a few upscale neighborhoods. Harbortown, Evergreen, Central Gardens, Hein Park, Chickasaw Gardens, Gallaway, Laurelwood, Yorkshire, Greentrees are all posh and leafy!
LOVE the East Memphis neighborhoods.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Thanks!
Have to make a pitch for three of my favorite Jacksonville neighborhoods: Ponte Vedra, Atlantic Beach and Ortega.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:42 AM

My favorites in Atlanta:

Ansley Park
Brookwood Hills*
Haynes Manor*
Tuxedo Park*
Brookhaven
Morningside/Lenox Park
Druid Hills

*located within the Buckhead district.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:15 PM

47 posts, read 64,149 times
Quote:
Mount Adams - I don't think you find that combination of topography and commercial activity anywhere else in the eastern US.

Squirrel Hill in Pittsburgh is similar to Mt Adams in both topography and commercial activity. Squirrel Hill is considerably larger than Mt Adams but other than that and the large Jewish presence on Squirrel Hill I think the two are quite similar.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:19 PM

47 posts, read 64,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProkNo5 View Post
I'm a tour guide with a professional touring company in Cincinnati and we've been doing tours in Over-the-Rhine for 5 years.
Do you work for the company that does the segway tours over there? I always see them cruising around everywhere from Washington Park to Sawyer Point. It looks like fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.