Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 09:38 AM

253 posts, read 1,266,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gv0928 View Post
Amen.

Ridiculous thread. All it will do is lead to more ignorance.

So so dumb. Obviously started by someone who is a major loser and thought he could get ahead in life making six figures with a GED simply because he's white.

Well, that's not the case sir. This topic should be deleted by the moderator.

There's a difference between an ignorant topic and an IGNORANT topic.
sad sad sad.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:59 AM

552 posts, read 1,073,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
While there, I did not expect anybody to speak my language and I adjusted to their customs. That is what spanish speaking people need to do in the US
What countries did you visit? Off the top of my head, I cannot think of a single country in Europe that doesn't have an official language. Our country doesn't have one.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:31 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girl-973-908-732 View Post
So so dumb. Obviously started by someone who is a major loser and thought he could get ahead in life making six figures with a GED simply because he's white.

Well, that's not the case sir. This topic should be deleted by the moderator.

There's a difference between an ignorant topic and an IGNORANT topic.
sad sad sad.
Ah but if you ask the moderator to delete this then you are giving up yet one more notch in your free speech stick. Didn't you lose enough free speech already due to the Dictator "The Decider" that you put in office 7 years ago?

Old 01-03-2008, 11:38 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,317,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
What countries did you visit? Off the top of my head, I cannot think of a single country in Europe that doesn't have an official language. Our country doesn't have one.
...and I can think of many European countries that have several official languages and even more with recognized minority/migrant languages.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:40 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,384,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
Germany, Denmark,Great Britain, Holland, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Israel, Jordan, Egypt

I believe one of the earliest congress voted for english as the language of the USA. Might even have been before 1776, not sure. Either way, a vote was taken and english won.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:32 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,040 times
Stupid thread, name ONE major city (except for Honolulu) where whites aren't either the dominant financial group or political force. I fear stupid threads are becoming the norm for CD.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:48 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,096 times
I find it amusing how some of you will say "stupid thread", "so so dumb", or whatever un-approving statements, but yet add fuel to the fire by adding a comment. It seems that my earlier comment about,
"when the word "discrimation" is mention by those not minority, (white people), it turns into a Taboo subject. Can we say DOUBLE STANDARD?"
So far it looks like I am correct!

Old 01-03-2008, 03:16 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,040 times
The fact of the matter to suggest such an event existing in the US is ridiculous in itself. I'm sorry but you would have to have some serious Victim's Mentality to believe that whites are being treated as second class citizens somewhere in this country. NOW, if you were talking about lets say... Johannesburg, South Africa, then you would have a genuine case.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:13 PM

973 posts, read 2,228,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Unless one lives in high hispanic areas, they would not know what we're talking about
I like the fact that they say "they USA came to us, not us to the USA" Needless to say that the land was won and even BOUGHT (Gadsen Purchase) from Mexico.
But my question is who is "we"?

So the nerve that they have to descriminate against "anglos" and not recognize the sovereignty of the US. Many escape a *hithole like Mexico and in turn want to make the US like back home.
Enough is enough
You do understand that English has never been the official language of the USA, right? Spanish is very common where I live, and it doesn't bother me. I don't speak it, and only understand some words and sentences if spoken slowly. However, 100 years ago do you think there weren't Italian, German, Dutch, Polish, Swedish, French, and Greek neighborhoods all speaking their own language? They had shops, newspapers, and signs in their own language. With the USA being so close to so many Spanish speaking countries, this sort of thing was bound to happen on a larger scale than the European immigration. The Hispanic/Latin influx didn't have to purchase expensive ship tickets across the Atlantic..

Be thankful the USA isn't dealing with the immigration issues of many countries in Europe - notably France and Sweden. But I'll let you google what a massive mess those countries are in. Their situation makes Spanish speaking immigration here look like a walk in the park to the most diehard country cowboy.

People need to understand that there is no pause for time. All countries change over time in many ways, and the last 20 years is just another change in time. Adapt or move to an area you like the demographics of more.. Alaska is out there, if they'll take you.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:56 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,434,352 times
Are there cities where whites may experience some discrimination? Sure, ofcourse along with every other race. Are there any cities in America where whites are discriminated against to the point of becoming 'second class citizens'? absolutely not.

First of all you have to realize there are all different types and degrees of discrimination.

If a crackhead on a corner hurls insults at one race but leaves alone other races that's discrimination. But that's nothing in comparision to the discrimination of say a manager promoting white workers to supervisory positions while not trusting blacks with positions that high.

Bottom line any city you go to in America whites have more power than other races (if not political power, economic power. but usually both) Having power gives you the ability to discriminate against people in a way that really hurts them. The crackhead living on a corner really can't discriminate against me in any way that matters (unless he uses violence or steals from me) but aside that he's meaningless compared to say an executive that doesn't adequately train me because I'm not 'one of the boys' or a bank that denies me a business loan because my business is going to be in a black neighborhood, etc. etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.