Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 01:01 AM

2,277 posts, read 2,652,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I didn't like Myrtle Beach enough to drive that far away. It was fun, nice, but I don't think I'd want to drive there from Canada.
Maybe not for you, but lots and lots of Canada's folks go there every year. I mean 'lots'. Half way to Fla.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 10:35 AM

27,555 posts, read 28,641,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
They're all crowded this time of year.
I think Rehoboth Beach has the worst traffic and crowds because it is smaller and has one main drag or "entrance" where most people go to access the boardwalk and beach.

Old 08-10-2015, 02:03 PM

977 posts, read 567,083 times
Ocean City NJ, from what I've seen of it, (I've been there once) is a typical NJ beach. You're not going to find a lot of fancy rooms or anything, but it's affordable as far as beach hotels go. You probably won't find anything oceanfront if that's important to you. The hotels in NJ tend to be located off the beach. Also, you will have to pay for beach access. Most NJ beach towns require beach tags to access the beach. Kids under 12 usually are free, but adult tags usually cost $5-7 per day, although in some towns a seasonal beach tag might make sense for a longer stay. Some hotels will provide beach tags to guests. Also, when I was there, Ocean City NJ was a dry town. If you're looking for bars or other nightlife, OCNJ is not a good choice.

Ocean City MD is a typical touristy beach town. It's overpriced IMO, as you can find rooms just as nice at other towns in NJ or DE for less money. It's very crowded in the summers. Beaches are nice, but I'd just as soon go to a lesser-known town when I go to the beach.

My personal preference is for some of the NJ beach towns. We've gone to Asbury Park and Seaside Heights. Asbury Park is a quieter town. There's a boardwalk with some businesses like restaurants and gift shops, but the typical amusement park is not present. It's certainly a less crowded destination than OC MD. We also enjoyed Seaside Heights, which has more of the typical beach town boardwalk, with an amusement park. If you're looking for the 5-star, high class treatment, neither of those likely will appeal. However, if you're looking for decent beaches and affordable lodging, I suggest checking out some of the Jersey Shore towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.