Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2016, 07:08 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
I'm a Floridian.
There is no comparison. Cot gets humid but doesn't feel as bad. And not for nearly as long.
Right .its the length that is abysmal.

Lived in both places. North Carolina is hot as hell in summer. Florida? Unbearable. So funny watching the natives protect their climate. Its HOT and HUMID .........and that's not a bad thing if you like it that way I guess.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 07:20 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,539,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Right .its the length that is abysmal.

Lived in both places. North Carolina is hot as hell in summer. Florida? Unbearable. So funny watching the natives protect their climate. Its HOT and HUMID .........and that's not a bad thing if you like it that way I guess.

Not in the mountains, that is why half of FL is here in the summer. And half of them come back permanently. Love it that they're driving up our real estate prices; don't love it that they don't know how to drive or that (many) have a holier-than-thou pi$$y pushy attitude.

And where the heck is COT? you mean Charlotte? CLT.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Not in the mountains, that is why half of FL is here in the summer. And half of them come back permanently. Love it that they're driving up our real estate prices; don't love it that they don't know how to drive or that (many) have a holier-than-thou pi$$y pushy attitude.

I assumed the poster who said that meant Charlotte.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:39 AM

59 posts, read 115,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
If you want to make money, don't go into real-estate. If you want to protect your wealth (like I do) then go into real-estate. I basically use my license as creative ways for lowering my tax burden.

If you want to make money, go into stocks.

For example, during super Tuesday when stocks have a tendency to crash, I bought 90,000 shares of UPL at 0.249 a share.

Today while I was posting with you, it surged to 1.51 when I sold it. Right now it rests at 1.33.

If you do the math, I made 113,400 (after trade fees) with just a couple clicks of the button. I'm pretty sure that's more money than many people on this board make over the entire year (unfortunately, this is a short term gain so the government will do their best to tax me).

But over almost no work, I can make more money than most people get slaving away.
I'm in the wrong business!

That is very impressive but there are also risks involved. I've got to do something because the typical earnings with matched 401k into mutual funds just isn't getting me to where I want to be.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:51 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
What some of these people dont understand is that not everyone is looking for the same lifestyle they are.

I certainly dont need "4 seasons" as any temps under 50 is too cold for my tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckRebel View Post
1)North Carolina has nicer people.
Compares to Miami, yes. But Miami is a small part of the state, and is not a good indication to what Florida has to offer and what Florida actually is.

2)North Carolina has a cheaper cost of living. See my response to #1

3)North Carolina has mountains.
This is true, but Lake county has some nices hills, and Florida has swamps and lakes. so there!

4)North Carolina has 4 seasons. Why would anybody want 4 seasons??

Old 03-04-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
I assumed the poster who said that meant Charlotte.
Where do you go when the larger NC cities become crowded with all the people moving there?

Old 03-04-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post

Half of FL would be 10 million people. NC doesn't have 10 million on any given day.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Where do you go when the larger NC cities become crowded with all the people moving there?

FL'ians are moving to the mountains; not normally to the flatlands where the summers, yes, are hot.
Hardly ever do we get over the mid 80's here in the summer; and it is not humid at those temps. 5 or 6 days a summer we can get a 90 or a 92, not often; but then a thunderstorm comes along and clears the air.

Don't get me wrong, there are certain areas of the west coast of FL that I can handle and yes, the winters are very nice. Is it worth it to move there though? much high taxes, higher car/home insurance, high HOA fees. There is no place that can be painted with a broad brush; it's always about location, budget, and how many negatives vs. positives.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Half of FL would be 10 million people. NC doesn't have 10 million on any given day.
Yes, lol! -- strictly tongue in cheek. It just seems like half of FL in the summer. Just like FL seems like half of the north in the winter.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
I think if I lived in NC yet it would be the mountains..NC still too hot for me

If we have winter in the northeast every year like this year...I'm all set
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.