Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 11:55 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,094,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
No... It's not.
It's cute that you think that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 07:16 AM

1,111 posts, read 2,332,010 times
Lol Yeah sorry Prickly Pear, but if I had a dime for every woman who fantasizes about a tall, fit blond man, I'd be a millionaire. Well, I think more women would like a tall, dark-haired man but still...blond men are highly desirable but not abundant enough. Tall and physically fit men are a rarity to begin with, and when you do see one they usually have hordes of women lining up at their feet. I lived in the Midwest and spent considerable amounts of time in The Pac NW and Utah, which are supposedly the tallest areas of thr US. I can still tell you without a doubt that tall men jn these areas still have their pick of the litter. You are delusional to think you are special enough to land a guy like that instantly, unless you're a tall fit woman yourself and he happens to only want tall women. You would pretty much have to be a tall hot blonde yourself or be a woman with a lot of money who wants to be his sugar mama. Otherwise, you are just another fish in the sea. These guys know theyre at the top of the food chain, trust me.

Old 09-09-2016, 01:47 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,786,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
Lol Yeah sorry Prickly Pear, but if I had a dime for every woman who fantasizes about a tall, fit blond man, I'd be a millionaire. Well, I think more women would like a tall, dark-haired man but still...blond men are highly desirable but not abundant enough. Tall and physically fit men are a rarity to begin with, and when you do see one they usually have hordes of women lining up at their feet. I lived in the Midwest and spent considerable amounts of time in The Pac NW and Utah, which are supposedly the tallest areas of thr US. I can still tell you without a doubt that tall men jn these areas still have their pick of the litter. You are delusional to think you are special enough to land a guy like that instantly, unless you're a tall fit woman yourself and he happens to only want tall women. You would pretty much have to be a tall hot blonde yourself or be a woman with a lot of money who wants to be his sugar mama. Otherwise, you are just another fish in the sea. These guys know theyre at the top of the food chain, trust me.
Top of the white food chain. I don't know too many Black, Latin, or Middle Eastern women that dig the tall blondes. Many women like their men like they like their coffee.

Old 09-09-2016, 01:53 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,811,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
No plenty of women like tall men, yes, but many like skinny and even fat men. I personally prefer men on the chunky side or "big" build (think like a lineman in the NFL) and I know MANY women who would never date someone that size. Many prefer the skinny yet cut men in the magazines sure, but not everyone. It's incorrect to assume that women all like the same thing. So tall and big, not tall and skinny. I've gone after tall and fat men before and probably will in the future. So again no, not everyone is attracted to the same thing, which is a bad and ignorant assumption. Also out of physical features what I rank high is not the same as other girls my age, for an example I don't care about six packs. And I'd also be open to dating someone my height (5'8) if the man didn't have Short Man Syndrome and get insecure about me wearing heels or other things, which has happened a lot in my past.

Also I'm a tall blonde woman myself, and I'm not in shape yet but it's a work in progress. And I go to a college with a lot of blonde sorority girls who I think are prettier than me but I still get plenty of male attention. My college has a higher W to M ratio too. Also most men want short women these days, like 5'5 at the max. Regardless of how tall the men are it seems.

Old 09-09-2016, 04:28 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,811,816 times
Look it doesn't matter what I think anyway. It's about where the most attractive and friendly men in the United States might be... which can be anywhere right? But where would that be?

Old 09-09-2016, 06:40 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,094,759 times
Quote:
No plenty of women like tall men, yes, but many like skinny and even fat men. I personally prefer men on the chunky side or "big" build (think like a lineman in the NFL) and I know MANY women who would never date someone that size. Many prefer the skinny yet cut men in the magazines sure, but not everyone. It's incorrect to assume that women all like the same thing. So tall and big, not tall and skinny. I've gone after tall and fat men before and probably will in the future. So again no, not everyone is attracted to the same thing, which is a bad and ignorant assumption. Also out of physical features what I rank high is not the same as other girls my age, for an example I don't care about six packs.
A lineman build is a very athletic, muscular build, though.

As is skinny and ripped.

There was a very comprehensive study done years ago (and I'm trying to find it online, because, really, you shouldn't just take my word for it) that polled women and men on attractive features in an opposite sex partner.

Specifically, the researches showed women and men various head shots, body shots, and full body pictures of different men and women with a wide variety of physical characteristics.

What they found is that the women-- with very little deviation-- ranked the same five or six men as "most attractive," and that the women's "Top 5" was generally from the same group of samples from woman to woman, with very little deviation. This is out of hundreds of participants and dozens of samples, mind you.

The men, by comparison, were all over the board in their selections. They generally ranked the same twenty or so women as the most attractive, and their "Top 5's" typically included those women, but in a somewhat random order from man-to-man.

I don't really have an issue with the fact that women, generally, gravitate towards the same two or three types of physically attractive men, but to pretend like it's not there is kind of silly and not rooted in the science or the reality.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:42 PM

29 posts, read 28,564 times
Utah!!!! No two ways about it in my opinion. The worst (I am so sorry to those guys from those places!!!!) are Philly and NJ. The ones I KNOW.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Also I'm a tall blonde woman myself, and I'm not in shape yet but it's a work in progress. And I go to a college with a lot of blonde sorority girls who I think are prettier than me but I still get plenty of male attention. My college has a higher W to M ratio too. Also most men want short women these days, like 5'5 at the max. Regardless of how tall the men are it seems.
Okay, I didn't know that. Well, then yeah you are in good game for getting a tall man. And I'm seriously jealous of you, because I always wanted to be a tall girl, regardless of how much tall women complain about being tall. (Seriously, back in high school I was never jealous of the pretty faced girls or the rich girls - it was the tall volleyball girls that I hated.) You should move to Utah or one of the Pacific NW states or Minnesota. Not only are there many tall blond men, but they specifically WANT tall blonde women. There is social, almost political significance behind it (and no, not in a white supremacist sorta way but a different way). They like to flirt around and casually date us short folk, but in the end they marry tall women.

Also, check out Omaha and Lincoln, NE. Lots of tall, beefy guys that sound like the body type you like.

Meanwhile, I will be sitting here in the corner secretly hating you.

Old 09-10-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passerbatty View Post
Quick question about those areas, as a 6 ft guy of Indian heritage (that's dot not feather), how tough would dating in those areas be for me?

I've done well in Florida and New York, been with close to 50 different women but almost all of them were latinas or swarthy white women (Italian, Greek, Jewish, and Eastern Euro). I have always had a thing for blondes but not that many in my area and the ones we do have are the bleach blonde party girl types.
Your best bet is probably the Pacific NW (Seattle, especially), although there are plenty of white men up there who are taller than 6 ft. Seattle has a lot of progressive minded women who like Asian men. Not the prettiest women to look at, though.

Utah is a no go. The Mormons like to keep it white, and it's becoming somewhat of a cliche for dark, ethnic men to chase after blondes. They're aware of this in Utah, and they tend to shun it. That's what the Mormons I worked with told me, at least. I am white but not blonde, and I even got some dirty looks when I was shopping in some stores in the uber-blonde suburbs.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passerbatty View Post

One of the hottest girls I met at a conference was from Utah, she was a beautiful blonde.

Ah well, guess I'll have to pick another state.
No doubt the blondes in Utah are the best looking. I was amazed when working there. Go to some of the suburbs in Utah, and the people all look like 6'2"+ Barbies and Ken Dolls, even the non-blondes. It was a little too much, though. In an unreal sorta way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.