Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 12:51 PM

231 posts, read 226,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
No doubt the blondes in Utah are the best looking. I was amazed when working there. Go to some of the suburbs in Utah, and the people all look like 6'2"+ Barbies and Ken Dolls, even the non-blondes. It was a little too much, though. In an unreal sorta way.
It's crazy, they are some of the best looking people on the planet. Like, it's shocking how good looking mormons are. Although I did meet a few who were non blonde
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 11:51 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,923,394 times
Boise and Salt Lake City!

Old 09-11-2016, 05:19 AM

48 posts, read 50,703 times
Miami has hot guys with a tropical vibe to them but proud and shallow

NYC has money obsessed hipsters

I am inclined towards the mid west. Cute men with no much in the term of attitudes, relatively simple and friendly.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:39 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,808,542 times
Quote:
Okay, I didn't know that. Well, then yeah you are in good game for getting a tall man. And I'm seriously jealous of you, because I always wanted to be a tall girl, regardless of how much tall women complain about being tall. (Seriously, back in high school I was never jealous of the pretty faced girls or the rich girls - it was the tall volleyball girls that I hated.) You should move to Utah or one of the Pacific NW states or Minnesota. Not only are there many tall blond men, but they specifically WANT tall blonde women. There is social, almost political significance behind it (and no, not in a white supremacist sorta way but a different way). They like to flirt around and casually date us short folk, but in the end they marry tall women.

Also, check out Omaha and Lincoln, NE. Lots of tall, beefy guys that sound like the body type you like.

Meanwhile, I will be sitting here in the corner secretly hating you.
Lol why? I mean I like being tall (because that means I'm a strong independent woman who doesn't need someone to get things off the top shelf for me) but I don't like how guys treat me because of my height. A lot of guys will say I'm too tall for consideration (again I'm 5'8 so I don't think I'm a giant either, still shorter than the average guy at 5'10) but maybe that's an Arizona thing where MOST people are short. Seriously Arizonans are short overall with the random tall person sprinkled in and they're usually a transplant. I was always the tallest kid in my class until high school and I was always one of the tallest girls (until my friend moved in from Flag and she's 6'4).

Old 09-11-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passerbatty View Post
Quick question about those areas, as a 6 ft guy of Indian heritage (that's dot not feather), how tough would dating in those areas be for me?

I've done well in Florida and New York, been with close to 50 different women but almost all of them were latinas or swarthy white women (Italian, Greek, Jewish, and Eastern Euro). I have always had a thing for blondes but not that many in my area and the ones we do have are the bleach blonde party girl types.
You're tall so that's a good start. I haven't seen a lot of tall Indian men and like stated previously almost all women want a tall man minus a few exceptions.

Really your only concern should be places that are more... "open-minded" I guess you should say. As in women who are more open to dating outside of their race/ethnicity. This probably boils down to Miami, NYC, Los Angeles... But these places also have the most models and are more likely to judge someone based on superficial qualities so unless you are in-shape as well then you still might get turned down. Just some food for thought.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:47 PM

Apparently there is a large consensus for Utah for the most attractive men... Much more so than everywhere else in the country. Strange how it's like that.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Lol Yeah sorry Prickly Pear, but if I had a dime for every woman who fantasizes about a tall, fit blond man, I'd be a millionaire. Well, I think more women would like a tall, dark-haired man but still...blond men are highly desirable but not abundant enough. Tall and physically fit men are a rarity to begin with, and when you do see one they usually have hordes of women lining up at their feet. I lived in the Midwest and spent considerable amounts of time in The Pac NW and Utah, which are supposedly the tallest areas of thr US. I can still tell you without a doubt that tall men jn these areas still have their pick of the litter. You are delusional to think you are special enough to land a guy like that instantly, unless you're a tall fit woman yourself and he happens to only want tall women. You would pretty much have to be a tall hot blonde yourself or be a woman with a lot of money who wants to be his sugar mama. Otherwise, you are just another fish in the sea. These guys know theyre at the top of the food chain, trust me.
This is lunacy. I'm a 5'5 brunette and have never dated a dude under 6 feet- never had any issues with finding them either. Lots of my friends are the same.

To think that a guy would only want a "tall hot blonde"- just lol. This is wishful thinking on your part. The fact is people are attracted to all types. In fact, many of my tall female friends complain about how guys don't like tall girls. Then there are guys who want someone their same height or even taller than them and specifically like tall girls.

There is no consensus on female height the way there is for male height. Plenty of guys like shorter girls, average sized, or tall.

And women are, 99% of the time, going to have more dating options than a dude.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee2 View Post
This is lunacy. I'm a 5'5 brunette and have never dated a dude under 6 feet- never had any issues with finding them either. Lots of my friends are the same.

To think that a guy would only want a "tall hot blonde"- just lol. This is wishful thinking on your part. The fact is people are attracted to all types. In fact, many of my tall friends complain about how guys don't like tall girls. Then there are guys who want someone their same height or even taller than them.

There is no consensus on female height the way there is for male height. Plenty of guys like shorter girls, average sized, or tall.

And women are, 99% of the time, going to have more dating options than a dude.
I was trying to say this earlier.... haha thank you. Lots of variation in attractions and if all women were attracted to the same type of man, and knowing that men are responsible for giving 50% of DNA, then why don't we all look so similar?

Old 09-11-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
I was trying to say this earlier.... haha thank you. Lots of variation in attractions and if all women were attracted to the same type of man, and knowing that men are responsible for giving 50% of DNA, then why don't we all look so similar?
Yes! I dunno, I think some guys have this fantasy that all women are going to end up sad and alone. Like, all the hot/universally desirable guys will never settle down with women, so the women are going to be desperate and date THEM! Lol. It's really crazy.

Old 09-11-2016, 05:24 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,331,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Lol why? I mean I like being tall (because that means I'm a strong independent woman who doesn't need someone to get things off the top shelf for me) but I don't like how guys treat me because of my height. A lot of guys will say I'm too tall for consideration (again I'm 5'8 so I don't think I'm a giant either, still shorter than the average guy at 5'10) but maybe that's an Arizona thing where MOST people are short. Seriously Arizonans are short overall with the random tall person sprinkled in and they're usually a transplant. I was always the tallest kid in my class until high school and I was always one of the tallest girls (until my friend moved in from Flag and she's 6'4).
You're only 5'8"? That's considered average for a female in Utah and the other places I mentioned as being tall. Jeez, you had me thinking you were 6'2" or something. I would not call you tall. No offense (I don't know if you want to be called tall or not). You are just average, outside of Arizona.

But if you want another idea of how many tall men live in a particular city, create a fake account on Match.com and adjust the filters to search for men of your desired height in a particular city. You can also search by state. It will show you the total numbers found in the search. Obviously, it's not entirely accurate since only a certain segment of the population goes on Match.com, but you can at least get an idea.

I saw higher numbers for the states of Georgia, Florida, and Texas than I did for Washington, Oregon, or Utah. But I bet a lot of those tall guys in the South are living on farms. I don't think we hear much about those areas (other than Miami), because they don't get as many transplants and media attention as cities like Seattle, Denver, etc. Maybe Dallas does, but there is obviously more to Texas than Dallas.

Last edited by skidamarink; 09-11-2016 at 05:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.