Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hottest state?
Texas 70 22.65%
Louisiana 11 3.56%
Alabama 3 0.97%
Mississsippi 3 0.97%
Georgia 2 0.65%
Florida 67 21.68%
South Carolina 3 0.97%
Arizona 144 46.60%
New Mexico 3 0.97%
Arkansas 3 0.97%
Voters: 309. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2023, 02:48 PM

12,848 posts, read 9,583,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
Really? Which parts?
Brownsville. Laredo is also close and will be at 96 next week. Boy howdy that is hot!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2023, 02:49 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,815,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Brownsville. Laredo is also close and will be at 96 next week. Boy howdy that is hot!!
Oh that's zone 10 (same as Florida). It's always hot down there.

Looking at Florida they are in the 90s too.

Old 02-23-2023, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
But it takes me twice as long to get undressed from a Texas summer because the shirt is sticking to my back. I just experienced my first Texas summer and I hope to never experience it again. I haven't been able to do anything outside since June (unless you count walking from a house to the car).

Cooler evenings? Yeah, right... Most 100 degree days in North Texas result in 80-90 degree evenings. It's just as hot, the sun just isn't out. I live right in front of a park and I can assure you that there was no one out there mid-day in July. However, the place was packed at 6am, so the heat here must bother more than just me.

Weather is a personal preference. Some people prefer heat, and some people prefer the cold. Otherwise no one would live in Texas or Minnesota. Personally, I love having 4 distinct seasons. Places like North Carolina and Virginia offer the best weather. You have about three months of each season. In Texas, you end up with 5-6mo of summer, and in Minnesota you end up with the same, but winter.

You could be in your birthday suit outside in 100 degree heat. It's still hot.

Old 02-23-2023, 03:02 PM

9,903 posts, read 6,612,278 times
I voted Arizona. But Florida and Texas are right up there

Old 02-23-2023, 03:32 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,299,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
I voted Arizona. But Florida and Texas are right up there
I think it would have to be Florida or Texas. I vote Texas as their highs get higher than Florida.

Arizona actually isn’t universally hot. Some is pretty cold/cool even… Phoenix and Tucson are obviously ridiculously hot though.

Old 02-23-2023, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
I think it would have to be Florida or Texas. I vote Texas as their highs get higher than Florida.

Arizona actually isn’t universally hot. Some is pretty cold/cool even… Phoenix and Tucson are obviously ridiculously hot though.
Hindsight, I think it could be Louisiana or Florida. Both Arizona and Texas have draw snowy parts. Meh.

Old 02-23-2023, 07:01 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,216,666 times
On any individual day, the hottest location in the continental US will usually be somewhere in the following states:

Florida - generally only in the winter, in the central or southern peninsula
Texas - usually the Rio Grande Valley (Laredo, McAllen, etc.) but in warmer seasons sometimes away from the Mexican border
Arizona - metro Phoenix, Yuma or Lake Havasu City
Nevada - Laughlin at the southern tip
California - Death Valley, Coachella Valley (Palm Springs, Indio, etc.), Imperial Valley, on rare winter occasions in the Los Angeles or San Diego metro areas

It's very unusual for the national daily high temperature to be anywhere outside these five states. Heat waves obviously occur elsewhere, but they are usually correlated with even more intense heat in the usual hot spots.

The link below can be bookmarked for national temperature extremes (on the bottom of page 4).

https://forecast.weather.gov/product...RH&product=SCS

Old 02-24-2023, 12:48 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,822,778 times
7 years ago I voted for Florida. My opinion stays the same. Most statewide consistency of hot. Arizona and Texas both have areas of four seasons. Arizona has the hottest major US city in the summer, but also one of the snowiest cities in the US. Florida has the hottest major US city in the winter, and I don't think has ever been graced with snow.

Old 02-25-2023, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
7 years ago I voted for Florida. My opinion stays the same. Most statewide consistency of hot. Arizona and Texas both have areas of four seasons. Arizona has the hottest major US city in the summer, but also one of the snowiest cities in the US. Florida has the hottest major US city in the winter, and I don't think has ever been graced with snow.
7 years ago. Holy moly we got old quick.

I voted Texas. Really large areas of heat. All of the major cities among top 10-15 in heat. But…. The panhandle and far west Texas aren’t crazy hot.

Old 02-26-2023, 12:13 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
It has snowed in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.