Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 10:53 PM

4 posts, read 8,105 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

In your opinion where do you think has a balance of all the four Seasons?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 11:14 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,879,404 times
Denver. Snow season can be a little long, but winters aren't bitter like they are in the Upper Midwest. Summers are mild with daytime highs in the 80s and 90s. Spring and fall are variable. Could be 70 one day and 40 the next.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:26 AM

27,182 posts, read 43,867,759 times
A good third of the country if you draw a line east to west from North Carolina's southern border, include Tennessee and Missouri then go north to include Iowa and Minnesota. Outside of parts of northern Minnesota, northern Michigan and northern Maine it's probably pretty consistently a three month slice of each season. There are other areas here/there but feel it's the most consistent region.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:09 AM

12,822 posts, read 9,536,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
A good third of the country if you draw a line east to west from North Carolina's southern border, include Tennessee and Missouri then go north to include Iowa and Minnesota. Outside of parts of northern Minnesota, northern Michigan and northern Maine it's probably pretty consistently a three month slice of each season. There are other areas here/there but feel it's the most consistent region.
Yes. I don't know if your map left out the west, but Mizzou to Colorado are pretty clean with seasons.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:55 AM

936 posts, read 822,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballplayer4 View Post
Hello everyone!

In your opinion where do you think has a balance of all the four Seasons?

Thank you!
I would have to vote for my hometown, Kansas City, MO. We have extreme weather here. In fact, I know that people from other parts of the country could not handle the weather here. I'm a college counselor, and I've have students through the years from the East and Wests coasts and the Deep South actually quit school and go home because they cannot hack the extreme weather here.

Spring: It's usually cool and wet, but it late Spring we have tornado season. (We're located in Tornado Alley.). The violent thunderstorms usually freaks out the kids from the East and West coasts.

Summer: It can be blazing hot, especially in August. The temps can reach more than 110 for several weeks on end and the humidity can be more than 90%. Asthmatics have problems breathing here during the summer because the air is too thick.

Fall: It can be just as beautiful as New England.

Winter: This is the bane of the students from the South and the West coasts. In January, it can reach -30 below and we can have frequent snow storms that dump nearly a foot of snow. (We're also long overdue for an ice storm.) Occasionally, we have blizzards. About 4 or 5 years ago, a storm dumped more than 2 feet of snow on us in 24 hours. Typically, the snow storms leave about 6 or 7 inches.

Old 03-31-2017, 12:48 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,371,355 times
Albuquerque,New Mexico is my favorite 4 seasons climate.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:48 PM

1,349 posts, read 1,706,778 times
I would say Iowa, Southern MN, Southern WI and Northern IL have the fullest of the 4 seasons. In other words they can be shockingly cold, horribly hot and humid but fall and spring are delightful.

Go much farther west than MN/IA and the average precip drops down and you lose the impact of that gulf humidity coming up from the south that produces a lot of the weather events.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:36 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,359,910 times
Metro Atlanta has four real seasons! I know many do not realize it since we are in the Deep South, but we also have a high average elevation (second highest major city in the country behind Denver).

We have in Atlanta: Mild winters, but it can get quite cold and we even get a little measureable snow; summers that can get quite hot, but fade into memory after June, July, and August; and best of all the longest and most beautiful springs and falls. In April, Atlanta is a painter's pallet of gorgeous azaleas and dogwood blossoms. In the autumn, Atlanta's urban forest is ablaze with color: oranges, golds, scarlets. The weather is often PERFECT in the spring and fall, too: low to mid 70's. Some people may feel that lovely Atlanta doesn't get enough snow for their tastes, but I think that Atlanta has the PERFECT four season climate!

Old 04-01-2017, 01:23 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,991 times
Here in Yakima (and most everywhere East of the Cascades in WA and OR) there are definitely 4 seasons with extremes in the Summer and Winter. Actually most of the winters have been mild since I lived here but this past winter was brutal, like living in the ice age.

Old 04-01-2017, 01:35 AM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Ohio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.