Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 04:18 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,460,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Denver. Snow season can be a little long, but winters aren't bitter like they are in the Upper Midwest. Summers are mild with daytime highs in the 80s and 90s. Spring and fall are variable. Could be 70 one day and 40 the next.

Snow in October and in May are not that rare in Denver, though, which kind of ruins its "4 seasons" in my opinion. Its still a good option, though. I just think its a little too unstable, more so than the Midwest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 04:20 PM

The Upper South, Mid-Atlantic, New England and Midwest are the best for four seasons. I personally prefer the Upper Midwest's distinct form of seasons.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM66 View Post
I would have to vote for my hometown, Kansas City, MO. We have extreme weather here. In fact, I know that people from other parts of the country could not handle the weather here. I'm a college counselor, and I've have students through the years from the East and Wests coasts and the Deep South actually quit school and go home because they cannot hack the extreme weather here.

Spring: It's usually cool and wet, but it late Spring we have tornado season. (We're located in Tornado Alley.). The violent thunderstorms usually freaks out the kids from the East and West coasts.

Summer: It can be blazing hot, especially in August. The temps can reach more than 110 for several weeks on end and the humidity can be more than 90%. Asthmatics have problems breathing here during the summer because the air is too thick.

Fall: It can be just as beautiful as New England.

Winter: This is the bane of the students from the South and the West coasts. In January, it can reach -30 below and we can have frequent snow storms that dump nearly a foot of snow. (We're also long overdue for an ice storm.) Occasionally, we have blizzards. About 4 or 5 years ago, a storm dumped more than 2 feet of snow on us in 24 hours. Typically, the snow storms leave about 6 or 7 inches.

The record low for Kansas City is -23. You're making it sound like its Minneapolis, which is also not that cold usually.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:17 PM

5,956 posts, read 2,877,447 times
The problem with New England being in the running for a four season climate is Central N.E. is a Five season climate with a mud season between Winter and Spring, Spring lasts about three weeks. Northern N.E. has three seasons with no Spring. this April it was 22 degrees for a high this weekend with 22 inches of snow on top of 20 inch's of glacier ice .The first of May it will be 80 degrees and then Black Fly season .

Old 04-04-2017, 06:12 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,559,995 times
Here in New England, we have all four seasons. They are all very distinct from other parts of the year.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:42 AM

631 posts, read 1,093,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Metro Atlanta has four real seasons! I know many do not realize it since we are in the Deep South, but we also have a high average elevation (second highest major city in the country behind Denver).

We have in Atlanta: Mild winters, but it can get quite cold and we even get a little measureable snow; summers that can get quite hot, but fade into memory after June, July, and August; and best of all the longest and most beautiful springs and falls. In April, Atlanta is a painter's pallet of gorgeous azaleas and dogwood blossoms. In the autumn, Atlanta's urban forest is ablaze with color: oranges, golds, scarlets. The weather is often PERFECT in the spring and fall, too: low to mid 70's. Some people may feel that lovely Atlanta doesn't get enough snow for their tastes, but I think that Atlanta has the PERFECT four season climate!
October/November is like heaven on earth for me in Atlanta. My FAVORITE time of year!

Old 04-04-2017, 07:59 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Here in northeast we have four seasons:

Nearly Summer
Summer
Still Summer
Christmas

Old 04-04-2017, 11:02 PM

5,355 posts, read 5,132,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Albuquerque,New Mexico is my favorite 4 seasons climate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Denver. Snow season can be a little long, but winters aren't bitter like they are in the Upper Midwest. Summers are mild with daytime highs in the 80s and 90s. Spring and fall are variable. Could be 70 one day and 40 the next.
I disagree with these. 1, neither have an equal 3 month split of each season, and 2. spring and fall are very ill defined. For instance, what season is CO in at the moment? It's snowing and below freezing and things are leafed out. In CO, we get winter and summer, but not a REAL spring and fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Ohio.
This would be my vote for the "centroid" of the 4 season climate, with the evenest 3 month split for the seasons. MN and WI have too long of winters.

Old 04-05-2017, 03:58 AM

156 posts, read 164,943 times
Newark, nj

Old 04-05-2017, 05:48 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,227,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
The record low for Kansas City is -23. You're making it sound like its Minneapolis, which is also not that cold usually.
Also temps of 110 for weeks on end is pretty improbable, unless you live in arizona.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.