Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 07:11 AM

102 posts, read 124,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I don't think Texas crosses the mind of a Californian. It's a one sided rivalry.
Seems like CA has been losing a lot of upper and middle class population to Texas, so it's obviously on some peoples' minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 07:33 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,115,714 times
It would be at the bottom of my list because of all the snowflakes, cry babies, illegals, and crazies out there.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:40 AM

657 posts, read 803,528 times
This is very subjective and depends what's important to one person. I'm more into the Notheast. The only area of California I like it some northern parts and San Francisco. Though I guess that's a positive with California, it's so big you're bound find some part you like. Though in my opinion modal states are Mass and Minnesota. Latter more as it doesn't have the disadvantage of a high cost of living. But again, all subjective, I'm sure a lot of people would hate to live in those states.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:47 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,188,993 times
I was born in California and lived there for thirty-eight years. The longer I lived there the more I began to hate it. Too expensive, cost of living is out of control, too many people, too few rights for the citizens and too much government control. Too many taxes, and stupid laws being passed. Schools are always desperate for money, and the teachers are not paid enough and not treated with enough respect.

I have not traveled extensively, but of the handful of states I have been in, Wyoming, where I live now, is the best state in the U.S. Many people will disagree, and that's fine, because what they want in a state is probably not what I want in a state, and they will not move here, and that's good because one of the best things about Wyoming is the lack of people and traffic. 😉

Old 05-17-2017, 08:41 AM

214 posts, read 330,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA-CHI-CO View Post
OP - California is great for scenery, weather, culture, bad for politics and taxes. I live here, and I have a hard time thinking of living anywhere else, even with the many complaints I have politically. The places you mentioned as other contenders are great, too. The American West is humongous, full of beautiful country, great people, great cities. When you visit, spend a long time here and see as much as you can, then come back and see the Midwest, then come back and see the East coast... If you like the Wild West you should definitely check out Colorado and Wyoming.
Yeah I do plan to come visit on a 90 day visa waiver when I get the time and finances. I would like to make base in California, preferably San Diego and then go on a trip to the other American West states. It would be costly, but that's why I plan to a save well for the trip. I suppose I visit California for 4 weeks or more, then return at a later date to visit the American West. California has been a place I've wanted to visit for a long time, so would be brilliant to have the opportunity to stay for an extended period rather than 1 or 2 weeks.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:29 AM

12,858 posts, read 9,595,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA-CHI-CO View Post
Seems like CA has been losing a lot of upper and middle class population to Texas, so it's obviously on some peoples' minds.
I hope that lowers the COL in CA.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:08 AM

594 posts, read 699,592 times
Arizona !
I believe Arizona is the best state in the union.

Quality of life, COL, the attitude of the populace , road conditions, sunshine, jobs, when you add everything up Arizona is definitely in the conversation!

Old 05-17-2017, 10:50 AM

422 posts, read 397,868 times
CA all day

Old 05-17-2017, 11:01 AM

14,058 posts, read 13,962,553 times
I like Colorado, Utah a little, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Montana too lol think everyone forgot it was state

Old 05-17-2017, 01:17 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,459,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I hope that lowers the COL in CA.
COL wont lower in Cali until they change housing and tax policies, and more emphasis is given to the inland cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.