Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 11:00 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,468,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTT View Post
BadgerFilms,
Every time I start researching a city, I am always drawn back to the MSP suburbs. I have also considered Tx. They have nice neighborhoods with schools in the neighborhood, and super inexpensive housing. For 500k you can get the nicest house you could ever want. But, you have to live in Tx, which may be a tough place for a liberal Internal Medicine Physician to live.

I have lived in Florida my entire life, except for a few years I did some training in Georgia. For some reason I am drawn to the Midwest.

Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon are all very nice, but I get more of a family feel when I have been to Mn. Plus, Minneapolis is rated the #1 place for runners.
Politically I am very moderate. I have friends will all kinds of views. In many ways I am a bit liberal. But in others I am a little conservative. I am a gay man, but honestly I can't relate to younger LGBT people. It's become politicised far to the left in a way I don't even recognise the community.. too angry, jaded and obsessed with labels. With that being said, Texas is fine for liberal people and it's fine for conservative people. Most people in Texas don't shove their politics in people's faces.. I actually find liberals to be worse about that in my experience. Texas is great but you have to realise not everyone will have the same political opinions as you and that's a-okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.