Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2020, 05:02 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Some 95 and 96 degree days mixed in with your low 90's.
What's your source? Mine is weather.com and I don't see anything that high in our forecast for the next ten days. Not to say it can't happen, but it's not in the forecast I'm seeing.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l...17aaf6ef77ba3f
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l...3be49829e7502a

Where did you say you live now? Since you're so interested in my weather patterns, I might like to follow yours as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2020, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
It's rainy and like 70 here today. I can do without that in June. Give me 80s/90s.
I was talking with someone who lives in Washington state and we were discussing different types of plants. Wow, the plants are so different! When my daughter lived up in Ohio, I loved visiting her and perusing all the different types of plants and trees too.

So look on the bright side - bet you're enjoying a lot of lush greenery!

I love June weather here - but unfortunately it just gets hotter in July and August, and by September I am pretty sick of the hot weather, even though it usually starts cooling down a BIT by September (not much, just a bit). We usually take a vacation to someplace cooler in September because I am just done by then. And of course when we get back, all my plants on the patio are dead - LOL. Oh well, collateral damage. It was time for them to die.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:56 AM

12,830 posts, read 9,552,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
From your post, which I quoted:

So no, no wishful thinking on my part. Just basic observational skills.
Quote:
What's your source? Mine is weather.com and I don't see anything that high in our forecast for the next ten days. Not to say it can't happen, but it's not in the forecast I'm seeing.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l...17aaf6ef77ba3f
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l...3be49829e7502a

Where did you say you live now? Since you're so interested in my weather patterns, I might like to follow yours as well.
Lol we as in everyone in the northern hemisphere. Like 99% of the posters on this board. And looks like Tyler, my hometown, is projected to have a storm come in, hence the lower highs. But look further down. There are some mid 90s in there. Your High today is 94. Once again, I guess I should be flattered by your obsession with me? I live in seattle, take a peak at that ten day lol.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Lol we as in everyone in the northern hemisphere. Like 99% of the posters on this board. And looks like Tyler, my hometown, is projected to have a storm come in, hence the lower highs. But look further down. There are some mid 90s in there. Your High today is 94. Once again, I guess I should be flattered by your obsession with me? I live in seattle, take a peak at that ten day lol.
Thanks for the clarification, since your context implied that "we" was referring to those of us who live in NE Texas.

Once again, what's your source? Not to put too fine a point on it, but since you're all about the exact temps, I want to remind you that I live outside of Tyler, and my upper temp is a bit lower. (I already gave you the source.)

Thanks for keeping me updated on your many cross country moves. I did check out Seattle's ten day forecast and I'm glad you like it - it doesn't appeal to me personally for summer weather but this is a big country and there's definitely something for everyone! Enjoy yours and I'll enjoy mine as well!

That pool is looking mighty fine right now in that back yard. When our temps were what yours are averaging in Seattle - actually a bit higher because we wouldn't even dream of getting in a pool when lows are in the 50s (we started swimming when the highs were in the 80s and lows were in the 60s) - we had to run the pool heater which ran up our gas bill, so I'm glad we're out of that cycle now. We only had to do it for about a month, and we will probably turn it on again in October, so we should be able to get 7 months or so of swimming in per year. WOOHOO!!!! THEN it's fire pit time!

Old 06-18-2020, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification, since your context implied that "we" was referring to those of us who live in NE Texas.

Once again, what's your source? Not to put too fine a point on it, but since you're all about the exact temps, I want to remind you that I live outside of Tyler, and my upper temp is a bit lower. (I already gave you the source.)

Thanks for keeping me updated on your many cross country moves. I did check out Seattle's ten day forecast and I'm glad you like it - it doesn't appeal to me personally for summer weather but this is a big country and there's definitely something for everyone! Enjoy yours and I'll enjoy mine as well!

That pool is looking mighty fine right now in that back yard. When our temps were what yours are averaging in Seattle - actually a bit higher because we wouldn't even dream of getting in a pool when lows are in the 50s (we started swimming when the highs were in the 80s and lows were in the 60s) - we had to run the pool heater which ran up our gas bill, so I'm glad we're out of that cycle now. We only had to do it for about a month, and we will probably turn it on again in October, so we should be able to get 7 months or so of swimming in per year. WOOHOO!!!! THEN it's fire pit time!
Exactly, weather is such a subjective thing. We don't understand why you're so combative about it and go crazy when someone says Texas is hot? You're arguing over 94 degrees vs 96 degrees for peet sake. We're all different, and that's what makes this country great. I generally can't stand temps over 90, and you seem to prefer, which is why you live in Texas, that and I'm sure the COL and culture fit you. We're all different. You might be used to confederate culture, while a minority from the north may find it offensive. It's just perspective.

Enjoy the 95 degree, pardon me, the 94 degree temps today.

Also, slight chance I may move to OC. Don't want to catch you off guard, just be aware. I have a newsletter I send to my most doting fans if you're interested.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:27 AM

Wow, it already feels like 87 degrees in Houston and it's not even 10 am yet!!

Old 06-18-2020, 08:36 AM

16,077 posts, read 10,738,506 times
We seem to be in the smoke season today. Visibility down to three miles.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:01 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,255,733 times
Quote:
Jeez - break out the sweaters.
Quote:
Wow, it already feels like 87 degrees in Houston and it's not even 10 am yet!!
And I just checked: it’s forecast to be 84 degrees in your old home town (Tyler, TX) at 10 pm. And that doesn’t account for the “feel like” temp when you factor in the humidity, which typically rises in the evening.

That was one of the most oppressive aspects to Texas’s looooong hot summers in my 26 years there. We get heat waves here in the NE, but at least in the evenings, it’s normally pleasant enough to enjoy dinner outside. This is beside the fact that unlike Texas, the heat comes in waves, not an entire block of months with unrelenting mugginess.

Unlike here on CD, I can’t remember anyone in my circle who looked forward to summer in Texas. Most of us just hunkered down in the ac, waiting for relief sometime in October. But you know how CD is.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Jeez - break out the sweaters.

And I just checked: it’s forecast to be 84 degrees in your old home town (Tyler, TX) at 10 pm. And that doesn’t account for the “feel like” temp when you factor in the humidity, which typically rises in the evening.

That was one of the most oppressive aspects to Texas’s looooong hot summers in my 26 years there. We get heat waves here in the NE, but at least in the evenings, it’s normally pleasant enough to enjoy dinner outside. This is beside the fact that unlike Texas, the heat comes in waves, not an entire block of months with unrelenting mugginess.

Unlike here on CD, I can’t remember anyone in my circle who looked forward to summer in Texas. Most of us just hunkered down in the ac, waiting for relief sometime in October. But you know how CD is.
One of the worst feelings of dread. Wake up at 930, go outside for a cigarette (I no longer smoke, but this is my younger days) and it was already hot!! Same day, have that final cigarette at 2 am (not proud, but hey I was young) and wondering why it's still hot?

Or, catching that first cold front in October and thinking "yeah, fall is here." Only to be back in the high 80s to 90s next week.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Exactly, weather is such a subjective thing. We don't understand why you're so combative about it and go crazy when someone says Texas is hot? You're arguing over 94 degrees vs 96 degrees for peet sake. We're all different, and that's what makes this country great. I generally can't stand temps over 90, and you seem to prefer, which is why you live in Texas, that and I'm sure the COL and culture fit you. We're all different. You might be used to confederate culture, while a minority from the north may find it offensive. It's just perspective.

Also, slight chance I may move to OC. Don't want to catch you off guard, just be aware. I have a newsletter I send to my most doting fans if you're interested.
LOL there you go with that "we" thing again!

Thanks but no thanks, not interested in the newsletter though it's no surprise to me that you may be moving across the country again, so soon. Good luck in OC - better you than me!

(And it's not 96 vs 94 for the record. But thanks, I am definitely going to enjoy the weather here today!)

I'm not combative by the way - Texas summers ARE hot. I always "own" that - why on earth would I not? Not only that, I get tired of it being hot by September - I always "own" that too. Sorry, but I don't see how that's "combative." I just think it's very odd that you seem so fixated on Texas weather - when you haven't lived here in years (or maybe months, who knows?). It would make about as much sense as me being fixated on New Orleans weather since that's my home town. (Hey, I just know not to visit there during the summer, but other than that, I'm not particularly interested in the weather unless I'm planning a trip there.)

And yes, I love the culture here. COL is just another side benefit since, as I've stated to you several times over the years, we could afford to live honestly, just about anywhere. But I love the diversity and independent nature of Texas culture. You may recall that I'm not originally from here, but I moved here 25 years ago and still love it to this day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.