Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2018, 12:24 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
I really don't think you can see the forest for the trees, mate. You need to drop that self absorbed world view you got there or you're never going to be happy.
I'm plenty when I'm not in the South, tyvm I know my friends and general social circles in CA, IL, NJ, MA, and NY are not like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 12:37 PM

12,830 posts, read 9,547,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpier015 View Post
If that is all you took from everything that I said then ok. Also, I never said any of that. Out to get the black man, lol.
r Hillary Clinton given her history of supporting harsh prison sentencing on black men

Where's the history of her supporting harsh sentencing, specific to black men?

Old 06-26-2018, 12:56 PM

1,023 posts, read 911,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
r Hillary Clinton given her history of supporting harsh prison sentencing on black men

Where's the history of her supporting harsh sentencing, specific to black men?
My post wasn't about Hillary. It was a statement that I don't care for her but if you voted for her that won't stop me from being friends with you. I also stated that I didn't want my post to be lost in a debate about Hillary. I stated my opinion and didn't attempt to convince anyone to feel the same way. I'm not sure why that bothered you or why that is the only thing that I've said that you've been able to respond to but again, you are proving my point about people not being able to parse information once they think political lines have been drawn. You are dead set on making this a Hillary thing lol. If Hillary is the only thing you have to respond to then this will be my last message on this topic with you. I think that we have derailed the what misconceptions about the south thread more than enough. You can meet me in the politics and other controversies section if you want to deep dive into my views on Hillary Clinton/the Clinton administration.

Last edited by mpier015; 06-26-2018 at 01:07 PM..

Old 06-26-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpier015 View Post
My post wasn't about Hillary. It was a statement that I don't care for her but if you voted for her that won't stop me from being friends with you. I also stated that I didn't want my post to be lost in a debate about Hillary. I stated my opinion and didn't attempt to convince anyone to feel the same way. I'm not sure why that bothered you or why that is the only thing that I've said that you've been able to respond to but again, you are proving my point about people not being able to parse information once they think political lines have been drawn. You are dead set on making this a Hillary thing lol. If Hillary is the only thing you have to respond to then this will be my last message on this topic with you. I think that we have derailed the what misconceptions about the south thread more than enough. You can meet me in the politics and other controversies section if you want to deep dive into my views on Hillary Clinton/the Clinton administration.
You stated your opinion as a fact. If you have history of something, prove it. Otherwise, it's just blather.

Now back to your other comment: It's about assuming that someone doesn't think you should have those rights based on who they voted for So, if my friend voted for David Duke, it would be reasonable for me that my friend agrees with his bigoted views. Stretch it further, suppose there's a candidate who doesn't believe blacks should be allowed to vote. If your buddy voted for this candidate, it would be reasonable to assume that he agrees with this candidate on a pretty prominent issues.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:16 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,876,530 times
I was just out in LA the race relations were really really bad out there among a lot of races, everyone kinda stick to their own race even thou it is a super liberal city, it could do more to the superficial nature of the place. In the rich areas like West LA the wealthy blacks, asians and Latinos tend to be more accepted because they are wealthy but they have a just a small percentage of the population compared to the rest of LA. Just my take on it. I think the race relations in the South are pretty good overall and not any worse than any other region in the USA that is my point.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:24 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,217,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
I wonder,, do you know why that is? Why do Asians and Latinos hate blacks? Just curious They don't hate white's or have any racism towards whites at all? Interesting,,, have heard this though
A lot of them hate blacks because they have been socially conditioned to do so. With Latinos, it comes from the European colonization of their lands. With East Asians, though they may not have been colonized to the level of Africans and the Indingenous peoples of the islands and the Americas, I think a lot of them are brainwashed by Western media and also, because a lot of them see whites as being rich and having all the power so they want a seat at their table. Both groups want the favor and acceptance of whites and think they can achieve this by hating black people.

As a black person, some of thse worse racial harrassment I have experienced was at the hands of Mexicans.
And I know lots of other blacks who have experienced the exactly same thing. Blacks latinos are treated horribly in South America. And many Dominicans outright deny their African ancestry and are very racist toward Hatians.

About ten years ago in LA, Mexicans where teaming up with white supremacists to run black people out their neighboorhoods. I one story I read about it, this one black single mother was saying how Mexicans were threatening to kill her and her children if they didn't leave the neighborhood.

I have witnessed first-hand living in the south and the midwest Asian people kissing up to white people so hard that white people would insult their culture and make racist comments right to their faces yet they still laugh it up with them and want their friendship or to be in romantic relationships with them. In the south I have watched men from India falling over themselves trying to talk white women I know, carrying on about how beautiful their white skin is. People from India have it really bad for whiteness, probably becuas they were colonized by England for so long. When I lived in Atlanta, one of my Indian friends said that many of her fellow Indian friends either though they were white or wished they were white. Plastic surgery is popular in South Korea and for lot of them, looking white is the ideal:

Quote:
The majority of facial cosmetic operations performed on Asians are considered "Westernizing" procedures. Two of the most popular, nose jobs (rhinoplasty) and eyelid lifts (blepharoplasty), are specially designed to make these features look more Caucasian.
https://www.cnn.com/2013/06/25/healt...uty/index.html

A lot of white men who are active white supremacists or known racists have Asian wives.

Last edited by Atlanta_BD; 06-26-2018 at 01:36 PM..

Old 06-26-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
A lot of them hate blacks because they have been socially conditioned to do so. With Latinos, it comes from the European colonization of their lands. With East Asians, though they may not have been colonized to the level of Africans and the Indingenous peoples of the islands and the Americas, I think a lot of them are brainwashed by Western media and also, because a lot of them see whites as being rich and having all the power so they want a seat at their table. Both groups want the favor and acceptance of whites and think they can achieve this by hating black people.

As a black person, some of thse worse racial harrassment I have experienced was at the hands of Mexicans.
And I know lots of other blacks who have experienced the exactly same thing. Blacks latinos are treated horribly in South America. And many Dominicans outright deny their African ancestry and are very racist toward Hatians.

About ten years ago in LA, Mexicans where teaming up with white supremacists to run black people out their neighboorhoods. I one story I read about it, this one black single mother was saying how Mexicans were threatening to kill her and her children if they didn't leave the neighborhood.

I have witnessed first-hand living in the south and the midwest Asian people kissing up to white people so hard that white people would insult their culture and make racist comments right to their faces yet they still laugh it up with them and want their friendship or to be in romantic relationships with them. In the south I have watched men from India falling over themselves trying to talk white women I know, carrying on about how beautiful their white skin is. People from India have it really bad for whiteness, probably becuas they were colonized by England for so long.

A lot of white men who are active white supremacists or known racists have Asians wives.
Messed up right? I mean seriously. I know in many Asian and Hispanic cultures, the lighter the skin the better. Shame.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:41 PM

1,023 posts, read 911,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
You stated your opinion as a fact. If you have a history of something, prove it. Otherwise, it's just blather.

Now back to your other comment: It's about assuming that someone doesn't think you should have those rights based on who they voted for So if my friend voted for David Duke, it would be reasonable for me that my friend agrees with his bigoted views. Stretch it further, suppose there's a candidate who doesn't believe blacks should be allowed to vote. If your buddy voted for this candidate, it would be reasonable to assume that he agrees with this candidate on pretty prominent issues.
Ok, now this is the convo(even though I feel bad that this has nothing to do with the south). If my buddy stated that they voted for the said candidate then I would at least listen to their views and try to gain an understanding on why, if they stated it wasn't about race. I wouldn't just up and throw away the entire friendship. This answer is regardless of my buddies race. However, if they stated that they wanted to vote for this politician because of his views on race then I would have no choice other than to end the friendship.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:43 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,926,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The city of Jackson, MS is 79 percent African American. I just thought that was interesting. I know that Jackson, MS is not in Jackson County - it's just that the name of the county reminded me of the name of the city.

You know what's interesting to me? That Pearl, MS - a suburb of Jackson, is 75 percent Caucasian.

The overall state of Mississippi is 38 percent African American, and 57 percent Caucasian, non Hispanic. https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...e/ms/PST045217

So I find the demographics of both Jackson, MS and Jackson County, MS to be interesting.
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...ippi/PST045217
Sounds like Pearl was a White flight destination.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:47 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,926,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
I wonder,, do you know why that is? Why do Asians and Latinos hate blacks? Just curious They don't hate white's or have any racism towards whites at all? Interesting,,, have heard this though
An intense desire to assimilate, which means they accept the historic mainstream narrative regarding Black people. And while I won't say it's 'hate,' the sad truth is that this is also true of many African and Caribbean immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.