Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 08:49 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,718,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
California has always been known as a hotbed of social liberalism. I'd put it up there, along with party destinations in other states - New Orleans, Miami, etc.
Las Vegas too. Then again being open about nudity doesn't just neccessary mean that you are completely sexually open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 10:00 PM

1,370 posts, read 3,052,603 times
I've lived in both Oregon and Washington, and the latter seems a lot more sexually open, especially in the Seattle area. Portland is sexually open in terms that it has more strip clubs, but I seem to meet more poly couples in Seattle than Portland. Just my experience though.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:11 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,876,066 times
Vegas but not the rest of NV, SF, LA and Miami Beach but not the rest of Florida so overall CA.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:49 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,820,339 times
If any of you are following the trend of female hypergamy, women sexually sharing high status males, this was going on in Las Vegas way before the rest of the country. I see it as very negative for sexual openness as it closes access to many men. If it wasn't for the brothels I would say Nevada is the single most sexually closed state...the brothels create more of an even playing field but they are all outside of Las Vegas/Clark County.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:52 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,437,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
You must not follow a lot of activity outside of your state, California is highly known for its LGBT parades....
You must not follow what goes on in other states. Many cities have LGBT parades. I recently moved from the PNW after living there for nearly forty years and have relatives living in LA and friends in Fan Francisco so I know all about parades on the West Coast.

Cleveland had a Gay pride parade last weekend and my city of Lakewood has the one of the largest gay and LGBT populations for a city of its size in the country.

Parades are not an indication of what you a liberal attitude towards a sexually open or liberal state, population and community are. I believe you may be thinking of the more stereotypical type places than really paying attention to others that also exist.

Also, I would narrow this question down to cities within a state because no one state is going to reflect the attitude of all people living in it.

Last edited by Minervah; 06-06-2018 at 11:03 PM..

Old 06-07-2018, 12:49 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,718,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
You must not follow what goes on in other states. Many cities have LGBT parades. I recently moved from the PNW after living there for nearly forty years and have relatives living in LA and friends in Fan Francisco so I know all about parades on the West Coast.

Cleveland had a Gay pride parade last weekend and my city of Lakewood has the one of the largest gay and LGBT populations for a city of its size in the country.

Parades are not an indication of what you a liberal attitude towards a sexually open or liberal state, population and community are. I believe you may be thinking of the more stereotypical type places than really paying attention to others that also exist.

Also, I would narrow this question down to cities within a state because no one state is going to reflect the attitude of all people living in it.
Lol you should say the same for people who keep assuming Europe is incredibly open about sex and nudity.

Old 06-07-2018, 05:41 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,931,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Not much talk on this, however from what I've gathered and researched, it would either be Oregon, California(the parades say it all) and NY.
Lots of sex happens in Utah even though it's very conservative. There are some big families to prove that.

Old 06-07-2018, 05:42 AM

2,426 posts, read 2,474,822 times
I would say Miami/South Florida, LA/Southern California, Vegas, New Orleans own this for the most part! There are pockets of certain states that have some claim

Old 06-07-2018, 05:58 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,552,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
If any of you are following the trend of female hypergamy, women sexually sharing high status males, this was going on in Las Vegas way before the rest of the country. I see it as very negative for sexual openness as it closes access to many men. If it wasn't for the brothels I would say Nevada is the single most sexually closed state...the brothels create more of an even playing field but they are all outside of Las Vegas/Clark County.
Just so I’m clear, equal rights for women is a negative?

I’m still not sure I understand the OP’s question.

Old 06-07-2018, 05:59 AM

2,262 posts, read 2,397,268 times
What exactly do you mean by sexually open...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.