Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 08:51 AM

1,178 posts, read 3,834,932 times

Advertisements

Atlanta Metro:

Most Numerous:

1. North Carolina
2. Tennessee
3. Alabama
4. South Carolina
5. Florida

You also see, by way of the interstates:

I-75: Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois
I-85: Virginia, Maryland, points northeast
I-20: Mississippi, points westward
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 12:45 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,392,752 times
In St. Louis wow....I can't even begin to list the numerous amounts of out of state license plates here. The most common out of state ones are definitely Illinois, but we see a lot of Indiana, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and oddly enough Florida. In fact, I think I've seen more out of state license plates here than in any other city. Only Chicago might be a competing state in this area. I have seen license plates from all 50 states in St. Louis.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:23 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,318 times
I see Arizona alot in San Diego. Nevada probably next.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:18 PM

2,316 posts, read 7,819,979 times
I forgot to mention all the British Columbia plates I see in Oregon! There are a ton all up and down I-5. 3rd after Washington and California.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:33 PM

904 posts, read 2,872,703 times
I'd say Wisconsin and Michigan. Indiana, Minnesota, Iowa, California and Pennsylvania are also fairly common. Sometimes you'll see others, too.

One thing that always struck me as strange is that even though Chicago borders Indiana, you don't really see Indiana plates all that often. I've definitely seen more from Wisconsin and Michigan.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:41 PM

23 posts, read 62,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
In LA, Ive have probably seen just about every state license plate.
The most popular, I mean just about 1 of 7 cars are:
Nevada
Oregon
Arizona
Florida
Illinois
New York
Washington
Texas
North Carolina
Georgia
Colorado

From there its all really random. Ive seen several Hawaii, Maryland, Rhode Island and District of Columbia license plates. European License plates are frequently seen, and Mexico as well.
So true, my husband is from LA.
Though I don't recall seeing any euros.

In Seattle, I see lots of Oregon, Idaho, and British Columbia, as obvious as that sounds. California, Nevada, Alaska, and several other Canadian plates are common too.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:35 PM

220 posts, read 748,316 times
Default License Plate Games

Does anyone play “the license” plate game? My family has played many. The game is you have to see the license plates of every state. We have played it in alphabetical order. Backwards. The way they joined the union. The alphabetical game took the longest, about 2 ½ years. Delaware, Alaska, Hawaii, and West Virginia, are the hardest license plates to find, at least in the west. The latest game is to take pictures of each license plate. The license plates have to be on cars. Pretty stupid game but it passes the time.

Does anyone have any other ways to play the license plate game?

Old 09-01-2008, 12:52 AM

109 posts, read 441,331 times
In North Dakota I see TX all the time, probably even more than MN plates. I also see a lot of SD plates, but that's because I live directly north of a reservation, and Bismarck is the closest shopping center for them.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:15 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,986,647 times
Albuquerque:
So i got really bored drove a few streets of the new ventana ranch area i saw the following state licence plates in drive ways:

Texas (20)
Nevada (18)
New Mexico (16)
California (16)
Oregon (15)
Washington (12)
Colorado (4)
Oklahoma (4)
Arizona (3)
Nebraska (2)

Old 09-01-2008, 03:39 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,122 times
Around here, I see mostly New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Michigan and California license plates.

I sometimes see license plates from West Virginia, Ohio, Arizona, Louisiana, Tennessee, Washington, Oregon, New Mexico, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Minnesota, South Dakota, Colorado, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Missouri, and Maryland.

Other states' plates I've only seen a few times. I've seen a couple plates from Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.