Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 03:58 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,831,224 times

Advertisements

Our winter is fairly mild. We get maybe a few inches of snow a year, but the summers can be brutal.

It'll be hard to find a place with mild winters and mild summers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 05:05 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,689,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella25 View Post
I'm in the accouting field. I have my BS in Accounting and about 5 years of accounting experience. And I'm currently studying for the CPA exam.
Omaha is probably one of the best places to be an accountant, First National Bank, Woodmen of the World, Mutual of Omaha are some good companies to name a few.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:00 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,556,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Omaha is probably one of the best places to be an accountant, First National Bank, Woodmen of the World, Mutual of Omaha are some good companies to name a few.
Union Pacific, Berkshire Hathaway, Pacific Life, TD Ameritrade, PayPal, Kiewitt

Old 07-08-2008, 01:55 PM

217 posts, read 961,587 times
Bella- I too am in a similar situation, 26 single male here, studied Economics worked in real estate and advertising industries. Currently reside in Long Island, NY, looking to move to a more happening place for nightlife, singles and more bank for the buck. Long Island is tough place for singles/dating. I have done loads of homework/research on places. Do yourself a favor don't go crazy because like me you will come full circle and make your self dizzy. I choose a place that fits your lifestyle. I focused on places outside Long Island that offered me urban convenience, access to beaches and mountains, had a reasonable cost of living/housing for my budget, decent nightlife and thats how I weeded out places off my list. Then visit your top two- that's it, do no more!! Don't second guess or look back etc!!

In terms of helping you find a place- do the same, make a list, cut it down to two places based on YOUR preferences not some dumb ass list, then visit and network for jobs. Its tough to pinpoint specific places, everyone here can throw out cities and just confuse you more. Then you'll be contemplating 50 places! Also Accounting jobs can be found anywhere, don't stress and worry about the costs so much, everything works out. For myself, I am liking Philadelphia or DC as my possible move

Old 07-08-2008, 02:49 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,280,809 times
I don't wanna over-hype it, but I'll just throw my support behind Omaha as well, it almost fits your desires perfectly except for the weather. We tend to have about a solid week collectively of bad winter and summer weather for each season respectfully. But hey, that adds a bit of a challenge right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.