Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 11:13 AM

1,969 posts, read 6,391,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
Believe me I've been to San Diego a lot and it does not qualify as warm weather. It may not snow there but the weather is often cold.
Must be because you are used to humidity. It is warm without being uncomfortable. Something that cannot be said of Houston. It's appeal escapes me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 09:03 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
San Diego. ANd the public transit is actually not that bad if you look for it- most people just ignore the option.
I agree I can get all over San Diego on Transit, maybe its not the quick efficient system of DC but it can be done. Try that in Tampa or Jacksoville, Raleigh and other big sun belt places, one needs a car just to find a neighborhood store.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:38 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,842,829 times
Arrow Houston-bashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
Must be because you are used to humidity. It is warm without being uncomfortable. Something that cannot be said of Houston. It's appeal escapes me.
Another CA resident had recently mentioned Houston's climate was similar to Hong Kong's.

We know its appeal escapes you. It seems every other post you're complaining about Houston or Texas. With very little concrete info to back up your very subjective opinion. If you feel you must Houston-bash for some reason, at least give some good evidence. Or better yet... just spare us further.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:45 AM

3 posts, read 21,974 times
I currently live in Sarasota Florida and have visited The Orange County area in California a few times. In my opinion these are the two states that have the best weather in this country. Florida has 8 months out of the year where the weather is great. 4 months out of the year it will get very hot. Hotter than any other part of the state because of the humidity. Once your body gets use to it, your golden and you will love it. California Is great because you can basically choose what kind of weather you want to feel that day. Valleys can get really hot like an ovens dry heat and then get cold at night. I dont think I have ever felt humidity in California but some people like dry cold air. If you live in Florida for a few years you will think everywhere else you go in the country is too cold. Dessert weather is great if you are in buisness. you will be working during the day so when you get off it is already cooler outside. In Florida the humid weather lingers around most of the year keeping the cooler months very nice, but the warmer months (summer) very overpowering. If you like mild cool weather all year around than California is for you. But if you prefer white, fine sand over rocky brown sand than Florida is for you. You can explore the beaches in Florida more than you can in California because of the population difference. Finding a parking spot to check out a beach is not that hard to do in Florida and sometimes you might have the beach all to yourself. In California the beaches are very crowed near big cities and the water is too cold in the winter to swim. But it all depends on what kind of beach/warm weather experience you want. There are ups and downs to both states

Old 08-09-2008, 11:55 AM

1,734 posts, read 5,688,823 times
Miami, San Diego, Los Angeles. Phoenix and Las Vegas are just TOO hot.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:16 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,610,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
I think Houston should be one of the best fits for this.
Houston has the coldest average winter temperatures compared to San Diego & certainly Los Angeles [yet both cities are much further north]. The reason is lack of mountains in Texas so that cold arctic air masses from Canada can plunge right down to the Gulf Coast. Compared to SoCal & certainly central\South Florida, Houston is more likely to have freezing temperatures & is the only city that averages a trace of snow each winter.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:05 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,599 times
Los Angeles, Orance County, San Diego, Miami, and San Francisco.

Last edited by wesside; 08-09-2008 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 08-09-2008, 03:37 PM

43 posts, read 273,590 times
Los Angeles

Old 08-09-2008, 08:29 PM

904 posts, read 2,873,183 times
Define "warm."

I say this because if "warm" for you is just "it never really gets cold," then San Francisco, hands down. But San Francisco rarely gets truly warm, either - it's basically between 50 and 80 most of the time. There's also not much humidity. Now, that sounds great to me, but lots of people like it hotter, so...

Idunno. I'm not one of the Sun Belt, and none of those places have particularly good public transit. Maybe LA? It's the biggest one and has the most to do. The public transit is lacking, but no more so than in any other Sun Belt city.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:05 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,173,552 times
Miami...although I would not want to live there ever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.