Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 09:33 PM

284 posts, read 696,508 times

Advertisements

OK i am from Chicago and i am sick of people from different states saying we drive horrible i think chicago and illibois are good. I want your opinions on which state has the best and which state has the worst drivers(dont say your own cause you are use to it) here is my list these are the ones i encounter on a daily basis or i went to the state Please tell me ur opinoins on my list or ur own

Best
1. Michigan- when driving in michigan i feel at home no spped limits lol
2. Iowa - not that bad
3. new york
4. some cal
worst
1. Wisconsin- they sit at the lights waiting to turn left than the arrow turns yellow so the back up what is up with that in illinois that means at least three cars can go
2. indiana- they just cant drive
3. florida
4. kansas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 10:06 PM

432 posts, read 1,665,174 times
The best drivers are in NORTH CAROLINA

The worst drivers are in MARYLAND. Try driving on the beltway or on I 360.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:06 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
I have driven in all the states you have listed, hands down, its Florida.
All the old people take their meds, and then get out on the roads, crawling along @ 30mph in the left lane, not even bothering to get in the turn lane, but simply stopping traffic in not only the left lane, but in oncoming traffic lanes, to get to Golden Corral for the early bird special. No, I am not kidding!
BTW, Il does have some drivers that suck, but they reside in Southern Il, we used to avoid them like the plague in STL, you could always tell they were not from the burbs across the river.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:07 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,912,353 times
Worst
1. Florida
2. Florida
3. Florida
4. Florida
5. ...Florida

State wide too. It's just a different kind of bad depending on what part. It's either rude aggressive bad or bad like the above mentioned. Where I live, it seems to be just flat out oblivion and there is not a large 55+ population at all. I don't find the drivers particularly rude, but there is just no skill at all, like people who stop at green lights and hog up all FIVE lanes on the highway to do 45 mph with nobody in front of them. You get the impression that most drivers are very confused. This probably comes from the mixed population in my area (old, young, native, transplant/immigrant, etc). Surprisingly, people do seem to signal around here however. If you go down to Miami, it's kind of like driving in a Latin American country; very aggressive and the rules don't apply. They love their horns, don't follow lane patterns, basically it's the objective is to get there alive, fast, and not much else with little regard to other motorists. Orlando and Tampa have the kind of rude, aggressive drivers you might find in New Jersey but the skill level isn't too bad. The rest of the state is either like above mentioned by kshe, or similar to other Southern states (slow but courteous, not bad).

Old 08-02-2008, 10:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Boston (can't comment on the rest of MA)

Minnesota (speed demons)

Pittsburgh, with that crazy "Pittsburgh left" (making a left in front of oncoming traffic)

Old 08-02-2008, 10:13 PM

284 posts, read 696,508 times
i like minnesota i forgot to put it on there but they are number four

Old 08-03-2008, 12:04 AM

1,734 posts, read 5,689,943 times
Florida is the worst. Best I've seen were in Eastern Tennessee/Western North Carolina.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:08 AM

937 posts, read 865,124 times
Florida is probably the worst, but South Carolina isn't too far behind either. These people just pull out in front of you, they don't signal, and they just speed like crazy. LOL, I don't know, but my dada says I drive like an elderly woman. I just trying to drive cautiously along a highway full of daredevils.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:50 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,416,359 times
Florida is the worst. I have driven all over the world including delightful places like India and nothing scares me more than driving in Florida where it seems a person's life is worth as much as used bubble gum.

Second on the list would be people in Washington, way too much bottle necking and slow, left lane driving. Someone with a flat tire on I-5 would probably cause 4 wrecks and back traffic up for miles on end.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:57 AM

134 posts, read 145,316 times
Quote:
I don't find the drivers particularly rude, but there is just no skill at all, like people who stop at green lights and hog up all FIVE lanes on the highway to do 45 mph with nobody in front of them.
That's awesome, people in Florida can drive sideways! That sounds like it takes some serious skill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.