Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 05:38 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,717,521 times

Advertisements

Try a mountainous state like Utah or Southern Colorado. Snow melts quickly and it is very dry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 01:31 AM

8 posts, read 21,724 times
are those pictures of St. George? They are beautiful. My husband and I are looking to move somewhere with low humidity, mild climates, and a low cost of living. We live in Mo and my husband has COPD and the weather here is killing him. We have heard that places like AZ, NM, and Tx are good. I know that the eastern states are very bad with humidity and Mo is aweful also.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:16 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times
Las Cruces, New Mexico meets your criteria (except it's not in the east). Las Cruces is a small city with low humidity and mild winters.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:35 AM

2 posts, read 3,138 times
If you want a great place for low himidity and most mild winters (little snow that melts off by afternoon) Beautiful mountains (mountainous on west side and forest on east side, and worlds longest tram), gorgous sunsets, Worlds largest Hot Air Balloon (regular & special shapes & late evening Balloon glow) gathering. Minor league baseball (farm team of LA Dodgers), cultural places, Etc, Etc. Then Albuquerque, NM is the place. The negative to some, maybe that the population has grown to half a million. I truly loved this place back in the 1970's --- (half of the population then) Right Everything. We have Cliffs Amusement Park, Zoo, No Six Flags, DisneyLand, SeaWorld, or Water Park; which would be great for the 40 yr olds and below. But to get away from city life, I like to go to the east side of the mountain for a quiet picnic (late spring to early fall) among the beautiful tall pine trees & streams. More mountainous to the north and more desert to the south. Check out Albuquerque, NM on the internet (Google It) And let me know what you think -------- Oh, Yes, Best Mexican Food Anywhere !!! (other types of food too)

Old 01-08-2010, 03:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,733 times
x2 for Saint George....fantastic town, and growing quietly.
Also a x2 on anywhere in New Mexico....I love that place...great weather, and really nice people.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:13 PM

177 posts, read 432,206 times
Phoenix's winters are very mild and have very low humidity, even on rainy days. And, you wont have to worry about snow. If it does snow, it snows for 5 minutes but melts when it hits the ground. Normally, snow would fall in North Scottsdale, and Cave Creek vicinity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.