Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 03:22 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,801,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Riding P.T. in Atlanta, D.C., and Philly is pretty risky at night and this is the reason why they running at certain hours.

Where did you come up with this "fact"? It's totally untrue...Marta stops running from 1 am to 5 am because it is simply not profitable to run empty trains during that time. People use the trains at all times - daytime and nighttime - and there is very little crime on Marta. The trains are often crowded at night...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 11:18 AM

1,303 posts, read 2,093,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
OOps. My bad. Schedule's kinda confusing.

Its cool I have been riding marta for the last year or 2 it works well with me because everywhere i need to go marta goes i work in sandys springs and live college park. And marta is never going to expand because you got countys like cobb and gwinnett who odnt want it but know they really need it because the cobb galleria is i need of train service

Old 11-24-2008, 11:38 AM

200 posts, read 979,388 times
Salt Lake City at midnight. But no surprises there.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
Its cool I have been riding marta for the last year or 2 it works well with me because everywhere i need to go marta goes i work in sandys springs and live college park. And marta is never going to expand because you got countys like cobb and gwinnett who odnt want it but know they really need it because the cobb galleria is i need of train service
Marta has all kinds of plans to expand all over Metro Atlanta. Take a look at the website and future plans, you might be surprised.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:39 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,093,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Marta has all kinds of plans to expand all over Metro Atlanta. Take a look at the website and future plans, you might be surprised.
I have!!! There Plans thats it. as long as they keep having to get the vote from those countys then its not going to. The beltline is the only thing that there going ahead with, But thats not even going thru cobb gwinnett or douglas or clayton countys

Old 11-24-2008, 03:42 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,007,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I know people in DC wish they ran 24 hours a day. Instead, they close just shortly after 12 in the last station the train pulls into on whichever line and they close it at 2 hours later on Friday and Saturday nights.

At least run one train every 30 minutes or so if you run it 24 hours because many people in DC do work between 12 and 5. But it's understandable why they do not run 24 hours. The area is not as big as New York. But more and more people are starting to use it now.
It's sad when MARTA has longer daily operating hours than DC's Metro.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:47 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,007,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
there is very little crime on Marta.
Statistics show otherwise.

MARTA - About MARTA - MARTA Police (http://www.itsmarta.com/police/crime_stats/quarterly.htm - broken link)

Old 11-24-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
I have!!! There Plans thats it. as long as they keep having to get the vote from those countys then its not going to. The beltline is the only thing that there going ahead with, But thats not even going thru cobb gwinnett or douglas or clayton countys
Marta just completed a couple of multi-year studies to determine which expansion should be next and what type of transit should cover those areas. Gwinnett is pushing for Marta, but BARELY defeated a 1 cent tax to pay for it. It will be in Gwinnett fairly soon. Marta is moving along with all of its plans, not just the Beltline - which is tremendous by itself.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
Statistics show otherwise.

MARTA - About MARTA - MARTA Police (http://www.itsmarta.com/police/crime_stats/quarterly.htm - broken link)
Oh no...not this idiotic myth of the "dangerous mass transit" system. That is SO old and tired and only makes you appear to be a frightened suburbanite that rarely ventures into the big city.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:54 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,967,438 times
Quote:
Salt Lake City at midnight. But no surprises there.
That's not bad really for a city of it's size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.