Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 08:12 AM

114 posts, read 241,529 times

Advertisements

Colorado now has the distinction known around the world for pioneering retail sales of recreational marijuana. It's become a tourist destination for many who want to partake in that. Then there is the controversy of purchased marijuana being transported across state lines as the lawsuit initiated by OK and NE demonstrates. One year later there is no question that Colorado's notoriety has increased; would you say that increased notoriety has enhanced or tarnished Colorado's reputation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 08:24 AM

26,221 posts, read 49,066,237 times
Colorado's reputation is nationwide, so I've moved this thread to the General U.S. forum so that people in other states can find it and comment on how they perceive the reputation of Colorado - and Washington too.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:01 AM

137 posts, read 144,426 times
Enhanced.

Most of the smart people in all developed nations want marijuana legalized, they just feel compelled to say "you first!" because that's human nature.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:39 AM

5,985 posts, read 13,132,098 times
I really don't think its changed a whole lot. Most people don't base a state on a couple major laws. At least I don't.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:45 AM

448 posts, read 813,761 times
Mostly enhanced, IMO. The only negative I've noticed so far is that ANY time the state is mentioned - people bring up marijuana. It's somewhat annoying that everything else about the state seems to have disappeared from public consciousness. A decade ago if you said you were going to Colorado, people would comment about the mountains and outdoor recreation. Now if you say you're going to Colorado, everyone around here (Texas) implies you're going there for the weed. Hopefully that drug tourism attitude will taper off as more states legalize it and it becomes more accepted. And I don't know how nationally that attitude exists.

Otherwise, I say good on the people of Colorado. Their state has a new source of revenue and law enforcement resources are freed up to focus on the real bad guys.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:41 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,534,096 times
I smoke, and so do a lot of my friends. No one even pays attention to CO, as we get great stuff here for less than a dispensary. I'd prefer that the Gov would decriminalize and leave the trade alone, though financially it makes sense to control and tax from a state's perspective.

So basically, it's nice that the state of CO is taking a smart, modern and realistic look at this issue (poz points), but all the boners running around giggling about their legal weed and the accompanying lame commercial products coming out of the region are a major turn-off (neg points).

Old 01-09-2015, 11:41 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,213,079 times
For most people probably nothing, for others, I would say enhanced.

People can get pot anywhere they want, at least the people I know and my family back home. I don't know anyone who's going to go to Colorado JUST to get pot. If that's the case they're wasting their money and need to really start looking around their hometown. When my dad wants pot I just grab some from Michigan since it's very easy to get there medically. Around Chicago it's casually found everywhere. My dad could get it in Iowa, just doesn't happen to know anyone anymore since he's nearly 70 years old.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:13 PM

5,464 posts, read 5,714,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
I smoke, and so do a lot of my friends. No one even pays attention to CO, as we get great stuff here for less than a dispensary. I'd prefer that the Gov would decriminalize and leave the trade alone, though financially it makes sense to control and tax from a state's perspective.
New York has decriminalized pot, but its still illegal (you get a ticket and walk away). Its just loosing tax revenue at this point...
Ironically, the lobbying groups against pot legalization are the police unions and private prison corporations...

Old 01-09-2015, 01:39 PM

3,453 posts, read 4,534,096 times
I know it's been pretty easy to get it delivered to your house for many years in Brooklyn...I know a few who've delivered, as well. I also know it's way, way more expensive than it is here, and generally the quality is lower. Coke: cheap; delivered. Many other drugs: same. However, NYC is not a good weed town.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:56 PM

5,464 posts, read 5,714,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
I know it's been pretty easy to get it delivered to your house for many years in Brooklyn...I know a few who've delivered, as well. I also know it's way, way more expensive than it is here, and generally the quality is lower. Coke: cheap; delivered. Many other drugs: same. However, NYC is not a good weed town.
Yeah, no idea why but its a lot more expensive than other parts of the country. Not sure why either, probably have to do with the transit from the growing regions through all the weed-unfriendly states?? They should make it legal so people would just grow it upstate... maybe that will help their economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.