Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 03:15 PM

341 posts, read 1,337,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
a fan? no. intrigued, yes. how could you not be. how often does city data get posts and posters like these? there's a first for everything! besides, there's gangs around where i live and i don't know much about them other than things on the surface (like their names and some of the alliances-all readily available information) and since i'll never talk to a gangbanger in real life, mine as well use the net!

No, Im not a gang-banger. I have done some stupid things in my life that I am not proud of, but as it stands now I look like any other buppie, like I said just another drone in the matrix. With that said I will never forget where I came from, or the friends and family that I have lost, and I still do follow the Moorish Science teachings that my organization was founded on (BPS is an organization, not a gang), but that doesnt mean Im out in the streets actively looking for trouble. Like I said earlier, those days of "gooning" as we call it back home are OVER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 07:29 PM

894 posts, read 2,381,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post

87th-89th & Saginaw
Medina Stones
B.P.S.
red & black world
5^
a few days ago by 87th and exchange a 13 15 17 yr old got killed at 3pm

i thought that neighborhood was Dragons

Old 02-23-2009, 09:13 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
^^
K-Town whats good? I got love for all my black & gold people!!!

Oh this area is Latin King? My cousin lives off of Kostner and Harrison and ALL of them are GD's.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMack View Post
a few days ago by 87th and exchange a 13 15 17 yr old got killed at 3pm

i thought that neighborhood was Dragons
Im guessing by your name that your name your from Chicago? Ive never heard of a gang called the Dragons. Period, anywhere in Chicago. I could be wrong there may be a gang somewhere in Chicagoland called the Dragons (I doubt it), but 87th & Echange was 3 blocks east of where I lived, and everything south of 83rd and Exchange is Latin King. I had allot of Puerto Rican friends that were from that area and they call themselves the 88 Kings or D-block Kings. Not Dragons!!!!! Dude everything east of Stoney Island in Burnside of Cal Heights is either Black P Stone, Vice Lord, or Latin King. The only exception is Jeffery Manor down on 95th which is full of GD's, and once you start getting into the 100's they are mostly GD's. But the 70's, 80's, on down to the mid 90's is People.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Oh this area is Latin King? My cousin lives off of Kostner and Harrison and ALL of them are GD's.
K-Town is mostly GD's but K-Town has allot of Kings and BD's also, K-Town is close to Humboldt which is almost all Hispanic and mostly LK. Most parts of Chicago from block to block have a different gang, one of the few exceptions was where I grew up which was one of the only areas of the city where it the same gang controlled more than 5 blocks in a row. But thats is almost as bad, the different decks (sets) of the same gang used to go at each other more then the rivak gangs outside of our area. Like my areas deck was called the Medina Stones and every summer it would be some issue with the Terror Town Stones just to our north, or the Apache Stones a few blocks southeast. On the South East side you are more likely to find BPS vs BPS, BPS vs VL, or BPS & LK vs VL than you are BPS vs GD. GD's are so big you will never see one People gang go at it with them, the People gangs always have to resolve their own issues with each other and "click up" before they go at it with GD

Old 02-24-2009, 01:26 PM

378 posts, read 1,288,932 times
As to the above post, I think he was referring to the latin dragons...could be wrong.

Also I'd like to know how the FBI came up with this info. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 02-24-2009, 01:30 PM

Here are some possibilities to the dragons he was referring to...and I am sure there are quite a few gangs that you haven't heard of because there are a lot!

ChicagoGangs.org Website

ChicagoGangs.org Website

Old 02-24-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingduck41 View Post
As to the above post, I think he was referring to the latin dragons...could be wrong.

Also I'd like to know how the FBI came up with this info. Anyone have any ideas?

The Latin Dragons haven't been a force on the streets since the 70's (years before I was even thought of). So the gentlemen who made that post must be older than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingduck41 View Post
Here are some possibilities to the dragons he was referring to...and I am sure there are quite a few gangs that you haven't heard of because there are a lot!

ChicagoGangs.org Website

ChicagoGangs.org Website

Point taken, but the block he was referring to is literally 3 blocks east from my mothers front door, I went to school with dudes from 87th & Exchange, and they are Latin Kings, there is no gang called Dragons anywhere on that strip. I think I would know because the Kings on that strip used to rotate and draw with dudes from my neighborhood. Rotate and draw basically means we used chill and hustle together. Matter of fact I have a cousin who is married to this Puerto Rican cat from Exchange, and when I was younger we used to go to Exchange allot to go flirt and talk with the mami's, and vice versa, they would come to Medina side to come flirt and talk to our girls

Old 02-24-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
The Latin Dragons haven't been a force on the streets since the 70's (years before I was even thought of). So the gentlemen who made that post must be older than me.

Point taken, but the block he was referring to is literally 3 blocks east from my mothers front door, I went to school with dudes from 87th & Exchange, and they are Latin Kings, there is no gang called Dragons anywhere on that strip. I think I would know because the Kings on that strip used to rotate and draw with dudes from my neighborhood. Rotate and draw basically means we used chill and hustle together. Matter of fact I have a cousin who is married to this Puerto Rican cat from Exchange, and when I was younger we used to go to Exchange allot to go flirt and talk with the mami's, and vice versa, they would come to Medina side to come flirt and talk to our girls
Thanks for the info, I don't know anything about the Latin Dragons.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:00 PM

894 posts, read 2,381,526 times
im not older than you crazy virgo but i had a friend who had family down on avenue o or one of them and there were Dragons around there plus last year there was a 10 year old girl shot there and the guys who did the shooting were Dragons.. when i was in grammar school the friends i would hang with had family members who banged in the humboldt area they were spanish cobras and insane dragons (north side) while the latin dragons are only on the south side...

also Lawrence and Kedzie is not k-town k-town is on the west side its in an area called north lawndale while lawrence and kedzie is on the north/northwest side while the area Spade was talking about Kedzie and Harrison is like 10-15 min away south

Old 02-24-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMack View Post
im not older than you crazy virgo but i had a friend who had family down on avenue o or one of them and there were Dragons around there plus last year there was a 10 year old girl shot there and the guys who did the shooting were Dragons.. when i was in grammar school the friends i would hang with had family members who banged in the humboldt area they were spanish cobras and insane dragons (north side) while the latin dragons are only on the south side...

also Lawrence and Kedzie is not k-town k-town is on the west side its in an area called north lawndale while lawrence and kedzie is on the north/northwest side while the area Spade was talking about Kedzie and Harrison is like 10-15 min away south
You may be right about K-Town, I rarely went to the Westside and I never went to the Northside. I always thought any street that started with a K was in K-Town.
And as far as the Dragons, they are not on 87th & Exchange, or anywhere on Exchange in the 80's for that matter. So I dont see how some Dragons could shoot a 10 y/o girl in an area where they have no business being, not to mention that Latin Kings go hard at any Hispanic gang that comes into their territory, so Im sure if it was a Dragon that did that he was just passing thru on the low. Ive never even heard of the Dragons doing anything of relevance since Ive been coming up anywhere in Chicago. I only hear of them from the old heads who talk about the old days. Maybe thats just me on my end but the Hispanic gangs I always heard about putting in work were the Latin Kings, LaRaza, Spanish Cobras, Satan Disciples, Imperial Gangsters, and Gangster 2-6. Never anything about the Dragons!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.