Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 06:03 PM

129 posts, read 494,180 times

Advertisements

Okay, I was too brief in a previous thread so I'm remaking it since I don't know how to Edit it.

How many of you hated where you were living, then found a city you LOVE that feels like home, moved there, still live there, and still love it?

Where is that new place and where is the old place? And why did you love the new place so much and not the old place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 06:18 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,063,792 times
I have never really moved more than 50 miles my entire life. And I frequent all places I used to live so it really isnt old nor is it new.

I love Living in Indiana

Old 02-11-2009, 06:39 PM

137 posts, read 294,782 times
I used to live in Milwaukee and hated it. Being cold all the time had the most to do with it. But I also didn't like the accents, most of the chicks were ugly, tons of snow, sports teams blow sans Brewers, people weren't real friendly, food was bland, beer sales stop at 9:00 and the radio stations suck and no football. A city that size with no pro or college football...no way.

I now live in Lexington, Ky and love it. People are friendly, weather is fine, chicks are hot, beer is sold at gas stations, UK is in the SEC so there's football and the rolling hills are beautiful with all the horse farms.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:34 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,588,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger15 View Post
I used to live in Milwaukee and hated it. Being cold all the time had the most to do with it. But I also didn't like the accents, most of the chicks were ugly, tons of snow, sports teams blow sans Brewers, people weren't real friendly, food was bland, beer sales stop at 9:00 and the radio stations suck and no football. A city that size with no pro or college football...no way.

I now live in Lexington, Ky and love it. People are friendly, weather is fine, chicks are hot, beer is sold at gas stations, UK is in the SEC so there's football and the rolling hills are beautiful with all the horse farms.
Um, you are from Milwaukee and didn't know you had a pro football team? Ever hear of the Packers? Also, what did you do about your "ugly" accent when you moved to KY, just didn't speak?

Old 02-13-2009, 01:39 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,236,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
Um, you are from Milwaukee and didn't know you had a pro football team? Ever hear of the Packers? Also, what did you do about your "ugly" accent when you moved to KY, just didn't speak?
The Packers are in Green Bay, silly!

I left Tennessee for Chicago and never looked back. as flawed as it is, Chicago is the only place i've ever felt at home.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:48 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,588,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
The Packers are in Green Bay, silly!

Tell the people in Milwaukee the Packers aren't their hometown team!

Old 02-13-2009, 09:21 PM

137 posts, read 294,782 times
I'm not talking about a football team that's 2 hours away. Why would I wanna drive 2 hours when I already live in a big city?

Again, Milwaukee has no football. Unless you like watching Pop Warner on Sunday's.

Last edited by dodger15; 02-13-2009 at 09:39 PM..

Old 02-13-2009, 11:18 PM

711 posts, read 2,108,206 times
I love living in St. Louis....city proper at that! :gasp:

Old 02-14-2009, 07:58 PM

138 posts, read 369,130 times
I graduated college in 2008 living in rural Arkansas. I desperately wanted to get out, and I dreamed of moving to a big city such as Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, etc. However, because of the state of the economy and pressure from family to remain close I had to accept any job I could get and ended up in Little Rock. While I will say Little Rock beats Podunk, AR pop 500, its hardly my ideal place, and I am making plans to get out of here in a few years when the economy recovers. This town is too small, too car-centric, and too conservative to be my ideal city. On the flipside, the natural beauty here makes it bearable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.