Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 04:34 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,696,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceTheo View Post
Agree. 2008 Election Map of Va: http://www.andrewclem.com/Politics/Maps/2008Virginia_Pres_Elec.gif (broken link)
BLA BLA BLA.

So did NC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 04:35 PM

604 posts, read 1,872,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
I'd be happy to give the Rio Grande Valley back to Mexico. From Laredo to Brownsville, that area is full of crime and poverty, and it skews all the statistics presented on this site to illustrate how crappy some of y'all think Texas is.
I think El Paso/ Juarez is more of a problem than the valley....

(to everyone else
Texas has like 4-5 different regions, but I don't think TX should break up... In fact NM and OK can come be part of TX too if they want!

"y'all" are weird...

Old 03-12-2009, 05:32 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,149,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSA_wxatUIW View Post
I think El Paso/ Juarez is more of a problem than the valley....

(to everyone else
Texas has like 4-5 different regions, but I don't think TX should break up... In fact NM and OK can come be part of TX too if they want!

"y'all" are weird...

Those two cities have a very high crime rate for how tiny they are, (both surpassing El Paso) so I could definitely see TexasKid's point and I agree with him to a certain extent. It does seem like they are problem cities.

I think it's funny when my boyfriend's (Mexican) family comes to visit when I'm at home in Houston and they're surprised places like Laredo, McAllen and Brownsville don't resonate with me at all--before frequenting the Texas forum on this site I would have had an intense amount of trouble pointing them out an a map. They have their own thing going on down there.

Last edited by theSUBlime; 03-12-2009 at 06:14 PM..

Old 03-12-2009, 06:53 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,814,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
BLA BLA BLA.

So did NC.
Yes? Who was talking about North Carolina? The discussion was about Virginia and how the entire state was much less conservative than in the past.

I think it was well-documented that not only black voters went with Obama, but intelligent white voters as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.