Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 03:06 PM

119 posts, read 835,015 times

Advertisements

The Gateway in Salt Lake City during the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 09:54 PM

389 posts, read 1,656,624 times
The Mall of America in Bloomington MN.because its the biggest one ive been to.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:08 PM

832 posts, read 3,853,196 times
Another vote for The Galleria in Houston. Awesome mall.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:10 PM

2,507 posts, read 8,561,493 times
Mpls. is the home of malls. We have the first, the largest, and as far as I know, the most. We even plopped a couple downtown in cartoonish rendition of an Victorian Arcade. I apologize to the rest of America from the bottom of my heart. Secondly, if you get subjective with the term "mall" you could add Country Club Plaza in KCMO. It's a 1920 developer's rendition of Seville. It's actually like a "lifestyle" center, expect authentic, urban and pleasant to be in.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:50 PM

7,270 posts, read 10,593,477 times
Another vote for King of Prussia (colloquially referred to as "KOP") as one of the nation's top malls. It IS the largest mall on the East Coast and it is ranked third largest based on overall area (ranked higher based on leasable retail space).

King of Prussia Mall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.icsc.org/srch/about/impac...TenLargest.pdf

Old 05-29-2007, 07:20 AM

Location: Headed to the Shangri-La; The Orange County(Huntington Beach or Mission Viejo) this August!
78 posts, read 469,746 times
The Galleria-Houston (as mentioned above)

The Grove-Los Angeles (environment!)

Century City Mall-Los Angeles (post renovation-adjacent to beverly hills)

Fashion Island-Newport Beach (planning!)

South Coast Plaza-Costa Mesa (3rd largest in USA)

The Mall of America-MN (hugeness)

Tyson's Corner-VA (where the rich va people shop)

Chestnut Hill Mall-MA (Bloomingdales and other ritzy stores)

King of Prussia Mall-PA (largest in usa, i believe)

Aventura Mall-N. Miami Beach (where the models shop)

Roosevelt Field Mall- NYC (upscale)

Scottsdale Fashion Square-AZ (beverly hills of AZ, need I say more?)

Old 05-29-2007, 09:18 AM

3,073 posts, read 11,574,232 times
There is nothing wrong with shopping malls. Some of us live in places where it's too hot for a downtown street shopping center to thrive. We have that, but it doesn't attract as much attention as the Galleria in Uptown. So when it's blazing outside or raining out, you can get your air conditioned shop on.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:55 PM

286 posts, read 1,029,556 times
Yeah, indoor malls are fine. Indoor malls and downtown/open air shopping are not mutually exclusive. Tampa and Orlando have fine examples of both.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:51 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,696,569 times
I'd that my three favorites would have to be the Galleria in Dallas, the Galleria in Houston, and Scottsdale Fashion Square. All offer a great variety of mid to high-end clothing and each has a very attractive layout. Scottsdale Fashion Square also has a GREAT restaurant located near the entrance but I can't for the life of me remember the name!

Old 05-30-2007, 04:14 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,240,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
There is nothing wrong with shopping malls. Some of us live in places where it's too hot for a downtown street shopping center to thrive. We have that, but it doesn't attract as much attention as the Galleria in Uptown. So when it's blazing outside or raining out, you can get your air conditioned shop on.
What an excuse. New York and Chicago get hot and humid. When I lived in D.C. summers were hot and humid, New Orleans is hot and humid. All have great downtown or Georgetown shopping. Houston is not blazing year around. The Galleria is quite nice but Houston needs somewhere else to shop when its not summer. Thank goodness Houston Pavilions is coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.