Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 06:02 PM

11,327 posts, read 20,247,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
The only good thing about about this story is hot-heads like that kid are usually murdered at a pretty young age...hopefully young enough that he never has the chance to reproduce.
That's a little extreme.

That's a very sad story though, that gangmember and the girl should've been dragged off the bus and "disrespected" (get their a55 whipped) in front of a crowd of people and if the other kid wants to get "disrespected" too he could get it right along with them.

Last edited by Infamous92; 10-28-2009 at 06:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 06:17 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,326,118 times
I am a gang member. "Brrrrraaaaaaatttttttttt!"

Just kidding.

Anybody that tries anything stupid is getting a thorough ass woopin

I've been asked "what set you claim" or whatever and I just say "i don't bang" and then we're cool.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:53 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,714,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Well, since I do live in the part of town with mostly, well, all black gangs, it is the same way. If you act like a gang member, you may get questioned, but, if not, they leave you alone. Well, they may think you are a cop and alert everyone that there is a cop on the block...
Thing is, I suspect I'd stick out just a tiny bit more in your neighborhood than you do -- as in, pretty obvious I don't "belong" there. It's harder to make that distinction in my neighborhood, pretty much no matter what your race or ethnicity or social status.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:23 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,065,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Thing is, I suspect I'd stick out just a tiny bit more in your neighborhood than you do -- as in, pretty obvious I don't "belong" there. It's harder to make that distinction in my neighborhood, pretty much no matter what your race or ethnicity or social status.
We both would stick out the same here in my neighborhood. Like when I go walking down Michigan at the Roseland shopping area, I get tons of looks and stares, and even a couple of times, people thought maybe I was an undercover officer since I was in the area...LOL

Old 10-29-2009, 10:18 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,394,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
That's a little extreme.

That's a very sad story though, that gangmember and the girl should've been dragged off the bus and "disrespected" (get their a55 whipped) in front of a crowd of people and if the other kid wants to get "disrespected" too he could get it right along with them.
I donno...I have no sympathy for people like that who get what's coming to them. People like that are a complete detriment to society. They don't give anything, only take away.

I don't wish death on anyone, but when bad things happen to bad people, I don't mourn them.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:29 AM

324 posts, read 569,924 times
I wouldn't say that. Like someone stated above, it also depends what race you are and where you are located. There have been men who have shot and killed based on their physical appearance and their facial "similarities" to a gang's fellow 'enemy'. Also, drive by shootings happen and someone who is completely innocent who keeps to themselves might become the victim of a bullet. So, saying that 'keeping to yourself' will ultimately keep you safe is slightly wrong.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:22 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,065,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennie Flowers View Post
I wouldn't say that. Like someone stated above, it also depends what race you are and where you are located. There have been men who have shot and killed based on their physical appearance and their facial "similarities" to a gang's fellow 'enemy'. Also, drive by shootings happen and someone who is completely innocent who keeps to themselves might become the victim of a bullet. So, saying that 'keeping to yourself' will ultimately keep you safe is slightly wrong.

Will keeping to yourself guarentee safety no, nothing anyone does in life can guarentee they will never be a victim, but not keeping to yourself can increase your chances.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:33 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,475,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Like HOA's?
LOL. The key difference is that HOAs won't shoot you. They'll just sue you to death.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:28 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,940,897 times
Well in the D.C. area is not so much of them G-checkin for colors and gangs, its hoods.

If a group of dudes walk up on you and ask you where you from and you say a hood that they think is soft or beef with then you can be jumped, stabbed, robbed or killed. There was a 14 year old that was killed over that some years ago in Northeast D.C. and til this day it still happens. Luckily my hood doesn't beef with anyone anymore, so I can say I'm from Kenilworth and no one gonna try and fake on me.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:22 PM

1,124 posts, read 3,580,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
Not all gang members want to murder or hurt you.. If that were the case, the US would have 500,000+ homicides a year. A lot of gang members are like any other human being and don't want to actually bang.
Then explain the high murder rates of Chicago, LA, and New Orleans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.