Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:57 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
It's pretty sad when we are having to consider leaving this once-great country, mainly due to our outrageous health care costs. You have to be rich or "luckily insured" to have your health.

My Dad, who is lucky enough to have Federal Retiree health insurance just got out of the hospital after just one week where they ran a few minor test for some abdominal pain he was having.

The diagnosis after one week in the hospital? Gas and constipation.

The treatment? Over-the-counter laxatives.

The cost for my Dad to live in a hospital bed, eat jello and have a few minor tests? Billed to my Dad's Blue Cross, Blue Shield: $16,794.60.
^^ That’s sad to say the least!.

I continue to hear how Canada has lower medical costs because of government run services, then someone tells me that it’s not that good there and Canadians have to come to the US to get treatment. Yeah,,,, wealthy Canadians come to America for treatment while those who can’t afford US treatment have to have to remain in Canada.

Unlike wealthy Americans remain in the states getting treatment and poor uninsured Americans leave and go to Mexico for medical treatment and dental services.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 03:27 PM

27,560 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Some of the "easiest" to get into:

New Zealand
Ireland
South Africa
Singapore
Panama
Belize
Argentina
Uruguay

All are stable and democratic. South Africa though is quite dangerous.
Ireland is easy to get into? Really?

Old 03-16-2011, 08:48 AM

2 posts, read 3,020 times
Default Easy to "GET" into

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Some of the "easiest" to get into:

New Zealand
Ireland
South Africa
Singapore
Panama
Belize
Argentina
Uruguay

All are stable and democratic. South Africa though is quite dangerous.
New Zealand is EASY to get into? And live there? NOT likely!!! Yes you can visit reasonably easily and maybe get a visitor work permit for a year, but you have to have the disposable income to get residency or have professional qualifications. It is easier to get into and live in the US as a permanent resident. You need to check your facts on places that are "easy" to get into!

Old 03-16-2011, 09:21 AM

27,207 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersgirl View Post
New Zealand is EASY to get into? And live there? NOT likely!!! Yes you can visit reasonably easily and maybe get a visitor work permit for a year, but you have to have the disposable income to get residency or have professional qualifications. It is easier to get into and live in the US as a permanent resident. You need to check your facts on places that are "easy" to get into!
I have checked my facts, perhaps you should check yours.
It's nearly impossible to gain access to the US as a permanent resident now which proves your knowledge of the subject. New Zealand up until the earthquake was fairly easy to access if you could prove sufficient financials or were able to provide a necessary employment skill. The same holds true of any civilized country with an open border.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:22 AM

27,207 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Ireland is easy to get into? Really?
One of the "easiest"...not easy. Does anyone here know how to comprehend?

Old 03-16-2011, 02:01 PM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times
I'd love to move to Puerto Vallarta, MX, but it is very diffucult if you aren't wealthy.
Can't really get a job and I am learning Spanish.
They have this crazy law that says "you cannot hire a foriegner to do a job that a citizen can do".
Can you imagine if the US had such a law?

The easiest country to emmigrate to is Puerto Rico. I have a friend that moved there, bought a nice house with a pool for $170K and works as a doorman at a resort. Now granted he works alot, but he loves it.
Doesn't speak a lick of Spanish...

Old 03-16-2011, 02:56 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
My guess is Americans move overseas because they want a better home they could afford or they want a relationship with someone from another country.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:53 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
I think if anything people will leave when forced to pay thousands of dollars for health insurance they neather want or need. Somehow you children have convinced yourselves that life here is not worth living without this government program. Not your fault. I blame your single parent, gay mom or dad. Actually you might have accidently stumbled on to something that may help you escape from the arrested emotional development and smart a$$ punkatitude your suffering from. By all means move to another country. But six weeks with your gay mom/dads credit cards at a ko samui resort doesn't count. Go to your country of choice. Take care of yourself. Ask your new country about health coverage. Good luck. Good riddence. Hope you don't expire there.
After you've ended up homeless, broke and healthcareless in a foriegn country your uncle Sam will pay your way home (keeping your passport untill you've paid for the ticket) and your gay mom or dad will be waiting at the arrival gate to take care of you.
Hopefully after all these experiences you will have matured a little and will have gained something much more valuable than free government healthcare. Appreciation. Appreciation for the mad luck of being born in the greatest nation on Gods green earth. This story could end well for you. But I doubt it. Bon voy where ever!
.................................................. ............................................

Old 03-17-2011, 10:06 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
My guess is Americans move overseas because they want a better home they could afford or they want a relationship with someone from another country.
Well, not me.
I have a gorgeous home in Ohio. I would take a tiny little shack in MX.

My reasons are:
Cost of living
Weather
Lifestyle
The Mexican People, love them!

Old 03-17-2011, 06:38 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,316,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
The easiest country to emmigrate to is Puerto Rico. I have a friend that moved there, bought a nice house with a pool for $170K and works as a doorman at a resort. Now granted he works alot, but he loves it. Doesn't speak a lick of Spanish...
Puerto Rico is not a country. It's a U.S. territory. That's why it's easy to move to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.