Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 07:28 PM

38 posts, read 297,631 times

Advertisements

I finally made it to the US and it was awesome! Fantastic places and very nice people.

My favourite place was Central Florida, where I stayed with a girl I met and her family (9 sisters!) for a couple of weeks and also North Carolina, which was really nice! I stayed on ASU for a couple of nights with some people I met but mainly stayed in Winston-Salem whilst in NC.

My least favourite place was Philadelphia, but that's probably because I had no clue what I was doing there haha! And I found the people there to be pretty rude.

Where i stayed:
Los Angeles, CA
North Carolina
Philly
NYC
NJ
DC
Miami
Central Florida

Old 02-15-2010, 12:32 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,102,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmy View Post
I finally made it to the US and it was awesome! Fantastic places and very nice people.

My favourite place was Central Florida, where I stayed with a girl I met and her family (9 sisters!) for a couple of weeks and also North Carolina, which was really nice! I stayed on ASU for a couple of nights with some people I met but mainly stayed in Winston-Salem whilst in NC.

My least favourite place was Philadelphia, but that's probably because I had no clue what I was doing there haha! And I found the people there to be pretty rude.

Where i stayed:
Los Angeles, CA
North Carolina
Philly
NYC
NJ
DC
Miami
Central Florida

Nice to hear you enjoyed your visit. It sounds like you were only on the eastern seaboard. Hopefully next time you can check out the Western half

Old 02-15-2010, 06:28 AM

843 posts, read 1,431,763 times
I guess LA moved to the east coast?

Old 02-15-2010, 06:50 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,623,710 times
Yeah you should had skip Philly and see Boston instead.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:25 AM

2,368 posts, read 5,104,821 times
I would've skipped Jersey and spent that time in Chicago, skip Philly and NC to see more of the interior areas

Old 02-16-2010, 03:00 AM

38 posts, read 297,631 times
I was restricted by two things

1) I didn't visit a lot of places that I wanted to, such as the Midwest and the Great Plains areas, because of the cold weather - I didn't cope too well in the northeast. However, come July, I do hope to visit those places that I didn't get to see due to the weather!

2) Lack of cheap accommodation in the South - another area I would have loved to visit. I mostly stayed with friends or family during my trip, so when I wasn't getting free accommodation, I could only afford hostels (which is where I stayed in LA, NYC, DC and Miami). There aren't any hostels in the southern states so I, unfortunately, could not visit those places.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:46 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmy View Post
I was restricted by two things

1) I didn't visit a lot of places that I wanted to, such as the Midwest and the Great Plains areas, because of the cold weather - I didn't cope too well in the northeast. However, come July, I do hope to visit those places that I didn't get to see due to the weather!

2) Lack of cheap accommodation in the South - another area I would have loved to visit. I mostly stayed with friends or family during my trip, so when I wasn't getting free accommodation, I could only afford hostels (which is where I stayed in LA, NYC, DC and Miami). There aren't any hostels in the southern states so I, unfortunately, could not visit those places.
You should visit Atlanta.Home of Coca Cola,CNN,Martin Luther King jr,Jimmy Carter Presidential Library,Gone With the Wind, Soul Food,Southern Hip Hop,1996 Olympics,The Worlds Largest Aquarium,The Atlanta Braves,Julia Roberts,Usher,Ludacris,Soldier Boy,Ciara, the tallest building in the United States outside of Chicago and New York City(Bank of America ),etc.....There is so much to see and do and is centrally located in the Southern U.S.Easy to get to due to having the world's busiest airport(Hartsfield-Jackson)

Oh and by the way there are two Hostels that I am aware of.

And if you really have time and money you should go see Savannah.The city of Savannah was established in 1733 and was the colonial capital of the Province of Georgia and later the first state capital of Georgia;

More from Wapedia:
Quote:
Each year Savannah attracts millions of visitors, who enjoy the city's architecture and historic buildings: the birthplace of Juliette Gordon Low (founder of the Girl Scouts of the United States of America), the Telfair Academy of Arts and Sciences (one of the South's first public museums), the First African Baptist Church (one of the oldest African American Baptist congregations in the United States), Temple Mickve Israel (the third-oldest synagogue in America), and the Central of Georgia Railway roundhouse complex (the oldest standing antebellum rail facility in America)

As you may know Georgia is one of the original 13 colonies.Savannah and its sister city Charleston are absolutely beautiful and the people are very friendly.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:28 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,104,821 times
Illinois, Texas, Ohio, Michigan are my honest recommendations!

Old 02-20-2010, 07:55 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcatp View Post
I guess LA moved to the east coast?

yeah, apparently some people on here think LA is the eastern seaboard

Old 02-20-2010, 07:56 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
You should visit Atlanta.Home of Coca Cola,CNN,Martin Luther King jr,Jimmy Carter Presidential Library,Gone With the Wind, Soul Food,Southern Hip Hop,1996 Olympics,The Worlds Largest Aquarium,The Atlanta Braves,Julia Roberts,Usher,Ludacris,Soldier Boy,Ciara, the tallest building in the United States outside of Chicago and New York City(Bank of America ),etc.....There is so much to see and do and is centrally located in the Southern U.S.Easy to get to due to having the world's busiest airport(Hartsfield-Jackson)

Oh and by the way there are two Hostels that I am aware of.

And if you really have time and money you should go see Savannah.The city of Savannah was established in 1733 and was the colonial capital of the Province of Georgia and later the first state capital of Georgia;

More from Wapedia:

As you may know Georgia is one of the original 13 colonies.Savannah and its sister city Charleston are absolutely beautiful and the people are very friendly.

Is Atlanta Boring? - CBS News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.