Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 04:27 AM

1 posts, read 5,814 times

Advertisements

WHY ISNT SOMEONE INVESTIGATING THIS .... ANIMALS ARE BEING MUTILATED AND THROWN INTO A DITCH IN BAXLEY GEORGIA. MY COUSIN HAS BEEN CALLING THE POLICE AND NO ONE GIVES A RATS ASS...????? WHAT IS UP WITH THIS CRAP? THE DOGS LEGS HAVE BEEN CUT OFF THEIR STOMACHS HAVE BEEN GUTTED.......STARVED TO DEATH. THEY ARE THROWN IN A DITCH BY MY COUSINS HOUSE AND EVERYBODY ACTS LIKE THE PROBLEM WILL GO AWAY ON ITS OWN.... WHAT ARE THESE COPS WAITING FOR ?? A RAPE OR MURDER.......................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2006, 09:10 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,080,852 times
Wow,that sounds pretty bad.Sounds like yall have a Jeffery Dahmer in the making going on there in Baxley.He started off by killing animals.I would call animal control and have them look into it.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:40 PM

15 posts, read 74,180 times
Default animal abuse

That is absolutely horrible. Isn't there a Humane Society or PETA or something like that you can call. I would think they would maybe have some pull to get the police to do something about that. Good Luck.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:11 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,874,752 times
I'm not sure if they take up causes like this, but they may be able to refer you to an organization that does. "Best Friends":

Link: http://www.bestfriends.org/

You should email them. Do not type in ALL CAPS, and don't sound like you're freaking out, or they'll just think you're a kid playing a prank. State what's happening in the area, details, etc,. and ask if they or any organization they know of can be of assistance.

Old 11-03-2006, 10:41 AM
PMV

21 posts, read 118,376 times
Please let us know if you plan to contact any of the suggested organizations to try to get help. I currently live 1,000 miles away but if you do not write to them, I certainly will. This type of thing disgusts me beyond words and I hope the person/people that are doing it get what they deserve. Why do so many people have to mis-treat innocent animals??

Old 11-09-2006, 06:28 AM

10 posts, read 43,130 times
It could be a serial killer in the making. It could also be people that are tired of people that just leave there pets to roam to annoy everyone. Some pet owners have no consideration for others. You go to them and they look at you like you like they could care less.
It's not good but sometimes it is the last resort.
Are they registered pets or just wild animals?
I'm not condoning there actions but it sounds like you don't have an active animal control department in the area. If they don't care then you will have to go higher.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:11 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,400,582 times
Call the Humane Society and begin at the national level, also call the SPCA and do the same.

Whoever does this should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. No matter what the situation, there is no excuse for anyone doing what you describe.

A couple years ago there was a puppy mill and dog farm busted on the Arkansas border, this group of white trash was breeding puppies and actually stealing dogs and re-selling them at flea markets. Those that did not sell were then peddled to labs. Once the labs were cracked down on by the Fed's then they would butcher and shoot the dogs like you are describing.

This was televised on the Discovery or TLC can't remember which. The bag of crap was busted, arrested, and his farm confiscated. Of course he is back out on the street probably doing the same thing. Heck, you can go up through Jackson County to a large flea market off Exit 137 and see the mills going strong there on the weekends. Rather sad

If I can remember the group that solved the above I will repost.

Good Luck

Old 11-15-2006, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 5,801 times
Call and report this to your county's Animal Control. If your county doesn't have Animal Control, report this to your local Sheriff's office (if necessary, remind them that it is their duty to respond, as per the Georgia Dept. of Agriculture). If little or no response, threaten to call the Dept. of Agriculture. Go to their website to educate yourself: www.georgia.gov then "agencies & organizations," then "agriculture, dept. of," then "animal protection," then "faxs concerning animal cruelty." Please call them ASAP, don't give up, and keep us updated. Thank you for making the world a better place.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:50 AM

4 posts, read 9,358 times
Default Call the TV News People

They have the power to get some action. This is absolutely the most disgusting thing I have heard in a very long time. I totally agree that these people need to be dealt with to the fullest extent of the law.

Good luck

Old 09-25-2007, 08:15 AM

2 posts, read 7,535 times
They Really Have No Interest,,,no Animal Shelder And No Training For Any Situation...i Would Suggest Calling Over Their Head To And Organization With Animal Protection And Rights....they Have All The Law You Need With Hunting And Fishing So I Think They Should Have One One Commond House Pets And A Shelder....lilbit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia