Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2018, 11:28 AM

10 posts, read 8,718 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We would like to do a road trip for a possible relocation. We hesitate between Alabama and Georgia. We cannot just look at job offers to decide because my husband’s work implies having a license/ state and they are a long process to obtain.
We really want to have great outdoors, coming from downtown Toronto...
Last summer we visited Texas and we found people to be extremely nice.
Which state has the friendliest people?
And another important fact is the school system . We would probably choose private catholic schools. And universities, which state has good ones?
We don’t know what state to choose for a road trip in June!! And because we live far we cannot come anytime.
We would probably choose mid size cities to be able to go outdoors on weekends easily.
We terribly miss going out on weekends because of the cold weather here and the time it takes to get out of Toronto.
I don’t mind the hot weather, I grew up in a few différents areas in Africa and Asia.
Thank you very much for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 01:09 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,393,037 times
Both Georgia and Alabama are very pretty states with many nice people. You cannot go wrong visiting either. If you're looking for a mid-sized city, you might consider Birmingham, Alabama. It's a nice city but not as huge as Atlanta, Georgia, by any stretch. I believe that the Birmingham MSA has a bit over one million folks, whereas, the Atlanta MSA is about six million. Moreover, Birmingham is located at the very southernmost end of the Appalachian mountains; as such, there are many outdoorsy sort of things to do. I'd suggest checking it out.

Old 04-23-2018, 04:37 PM

333 posts, read 388,275 times
I have come to really love Metro Atlanta area. But you may also want to include the Huntsville, AL area in your search. It offers pretty much all that is required for a higher quality lifestyle, good school choices, dining, healthcare, museums (including the US Space and Rocket Center). But the Madison area has been a tech mecca for years and many major tech firms continue to move and operate there. The area is also an easy drive to both Birmingham and Nashville, allowing your family to enjoy both Metro Areas.

You'll still see snow along with the other pleasant seasons.

Welcome to the Southeast!

Old 04-26-2018, 06:21 PM

10 posts, read 8,718 times
Thanks so much! I didn’t get any e-mails notifying me of the replies, a chance I checked!
Birmingham and Huntsville do sound interesting. I used to love big and vibrant cities. Now I need outdoors and less traffic...
Thanks so much.
We should come 2 weeks and combine both states instead of choosing over internet...
Enjoy the sun if you are there.
Last WE in Toronto we had an ice storm...!!

Old 04-27-2018, 09:22 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,393,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by castellet View Post
Enjoy the sun if you are there.
Last WE in Toronto we had an ice storm...!!
Sunny and 71 degrees F, here today!!! Come on down!!!

Old 06-26-2018, 10:52 PM

3 posts, read 3,025 times
Well, buddies all of you have shared interesting views here which are quite nice for me becuse I am also a travel freak. Now I will also like to take the tour of these places as will get free and will enjoy the lovely time while this journey. Soon will go for the tour of Huntsville and will enjoy fully.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:47 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,403,388 times
I'm going to Huntsville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia