U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-24-2019, 07:24 AM
 
5,435 posts, read 2,925,124 times
Reputation: 5358

Advertisements

Anyone know if it snows in the area around Christmas time? Found a nice cabin I want to rent , but want snow to go with it. I have no clue of the area as I live in Texas. Ive driven through before , but it was in April. Is it a scenic area? Nice things to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-24-2019, 10:59 AM
 
1,761 posts, read 1,324,339 times
Reputation: 2704
No, not generally. I've seen flurries up there last year at one point. In short, it's possible to see them, but if your desire hinges on it, I wouldn't do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2019, 11:57 AM
 
5,435 posts, read 2,925,124 times
Reputation: 5358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
No, not generally. I've seen flurries up there last year at one point. In short, it's possible to see them, but if your desire hinges on it, I wouldn't do it.
Ok thank you. I figured the chances were low lol. Need snow !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2019, 12:50 PM
 
Location: N. Ga
3,771 posts, read 3,431,176 times
Reputation: 2168
A few years back (2010) we had 8 inches on Christmas Day. It was gone 2 days later. Snow here is sporadic at best. Last year a freak snow storm dropped a foot on us in November and didn't have even a spit of snow the rest of the year. If you need snow..... Georgia isn't going to cut it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2019, 04:22 PM
 
5,435 posts, read 2,925,124 times
Reputation: 5358
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
A few years back (2010) we had 8 inches on Christmas Day. It was gone 2 days later. Snow here is sporadic at best. Last year a freak snow storm dropped a foot on us in November and didn't have even a spit of snow the rest of the year. If you need snow..... Georgia isn't going to cut it.
Ok , I guess im not riding my bets on it then.. lol darn shame. Was a nice cabin,view, and price. Just needed snow. Was trying to find a low key less expensive place . Seems like Colorado, Utah, even Idaho are really expensive that week....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2019, 02:20 PM
 
263 posts, read 174,539 times
Reputation: 209
Have you looked into WA state? We have friends there and it snows at Christmas time. Leavenworth WA has a Bavarian Village and they get a whole lot of snow at Christmas time. Its really pretty there too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2019, 08:58 PM
 
5,435 posts, read 2,925,124 times
Reputation: 5358
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicCarFamily View Post
Have you looked into WA state? We have friends there and it snows at Christmas time. Leavenworth WA has a Bavarian Village and they get a whole lot of snow at Christmas time. Its really pretty there too!
Yeah! I know WA is beautiful! We are trying to drive so driving from TX to WA with two kids would be a brutal trip lol. I think we are going to head to Telluride, CO and maybe stop in Sante Fe on the way.

One day ill make to to the west coast. Just not this year lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2019, 02:38 PM
 
777 posts, read 387,155 times
Reputation: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Anyone know if it snows in the area around Christmas time? Found a nice cabin I want to rent , but want snow to go with it. I have no clue of the area as I live in Texas. Ive driven through before , but it was in April. Is it a scenic area? Nice things to do?

Generally speaking - NO. Sometimes around Valentines Day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2019, 08:24 AM
 
263 posts, read 174,539 times
Reputation: 209
Let us know how your trip was. Colorado is beautiful. Have a fun and safe trip! I know about long car rides with kids, its challenging !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2019, 08:00 AM
 
150 posts, read 424,039 times
Reputation: 115
It snows maybe twice a year at the most and if it does you aren't going anyplace until it melts. But its usually just a dusting and rare in December. The North Carolina's have a better chance of snow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top